Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy exercise & nutrition - 2nd (or more) time around.

(3 Posts)
oscarwilde Thu 02-Aug-12 13:55:20

I was wondering if anyone got any decent weight management guidance from their midwives/obstetricians out there ?
I put on 2 stone with my first child (delivered 2 yrs ago), and only lost 1 afterwards. BMI still healthy but I could definitely have done with losing the flab.
At 25 weeks now with second and up a stone, therefore already at my full previous weight gain.
I'm not planning some mad diet, though I could definitely forgo a few more puddings; and I don't want to start a thread where everyone unhelpfully compares how much and how little they put on/lost but I did wonder what weight I should be using as my target for no more than the optimum 25-35 lbs. Midwife apt in a few weeks so can check then but wondered if (particularly overseas MN's visitors) had received definite guidance and if 25-35 was considered optimum in mainland Europe also?

Midgetm Fri 03-Aug-12 11:38:56

I don't know what the rest of Europe does but thought I would give your thread a bump, I do know in places like Japan they think you don't need to gain half as much as we say though. Like you, second time round I am not making the same mistakes as first time (ie stuffing my face and being lazy). I am trying to exercise at least 3 times a week but sometimes more. Walk whenever possible and limiting treats to one a day rather than all day like I did with DD. Seems to the working, baby is growing fine and BMI still in the healthy range and weight gain is steady. If you have a stone on at 25 weeks you are on track for a really optimum weight gain of around 2 stone which sounds pretty good to me - sounds like you are doing pretty well on your own!

xPennyx Tue 23-Oct-12 11:52:47

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now