Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can anyone recommend a hypnobirthing book?

(11 Posts)
Sastra Thu 12-Jul-12 23:05:05

Id quite like to read a book during the start of mat leave on hypnobirthing to see whether any of the ideas might be helpful.

Can anyone recommend one? There's a few different authors on amazon.

Sastra Fri 13-Jul-12 08:48:31

Bumpity bump.

nellypackedhertrunk Mon 16-Jul-12 18:06:01

The original and best is Marie Mongan's HypnoBirthing book. You can't go wrng with that one.

Sastra Mon 16-Jul-12 18:11:48

Fab. Thank you!

Cath505060 Thu 19-Jul-12 10:07:01

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

nellypackedhertrunk Fri 20-Jul-12 13:42:10

Cath505060 - you will have to decide in your messages whether you have friends who have done Natal Hypnotherapy, or if you have done Natal Hypnotherapy or whether you actually work for Natal Hypnotherapy.

The original and best HypnoBirthing - The Mongan Method - now has a UK voiced CD so I think which ever guise you have in future adverts messages you need to at least be accurate.

tallslutnopanties Fri 20-Jul-12 13:48:26

I've done natal hypnotherapy and loved it. I read both but only got the natal hypo CDs because I found the mongan method a bit prescriptive. I coupled it with a book called 'birth skills' by juju sundin and had a lovely, chilled experience. My first labour was really easy- born within 20mins of arrival at hospital and the second one was even better. First thing I said to my husband afterwards was "well that was easy!". No analgesia other than paracetamol (not because of any doctrinal beliefs it just genuinely wasn't that painful). 70% luck 30% good preparation IMHO. Highly recommend both natal hypnotherapy and birth skills.

Susan111 Thu 13-Apr-17 12:04:59

I like the Katharine Graves KGHypnobirthing one. They have a free first chapter as well so you can try before you buy :-)

StrawberryJelly00 Thu 13-Apr-17 12:06:18

Mindful hypnobirthing by sophie fletcher - amazing!

LyndaLaHughes Thu 13-Apr-17 12:15:25

Really recommend the Maggie Howell stuff. The book is very easy to follow and there are CDs as well.

arbrighton Thu 13-Apr-17 12:42:56

I like Sophie Fletcher too.

Need to finish reading Howell and see how I get on with that CD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now