Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scan photo question - which side was your baby's head on?

(9 Posts)
Whysoserious Thu 31-May-12 09:38:33

Slightly random thread. Another thread I started has got me to thinking about this.

My baby's head is on the right hand side of the scan photo as I look at it. Is it possible to move to the opposite side by 20 weeks or do they alway stay facing the same way?

Which side is your baby's head on in the photo and was it the opposite by the 20 week scan?

Sorry if this is a really dumb question...

MillyStar Thu 31-May-12 10:01:48

Mine was left at 13 weeks, right at 20 then left again at 23 so yes they can change, I don't think that means how they're lying though they could be diagonal or upside down, my bubs was Head down at a 30 week 3d scan but you wouldn't think so on the pics

friedfrog Thu 31-May-12 10:48:19

12 weeks left, 20 weeks right, 36 upside down! While there is so much room (not sure mine has a cm left now!) they flip flop all over the place!

I used to enjoy trying to locate it!

Frog smile

Whysoserious Thu 31-May-12 11:06:43

That was the reason for my question actually - woke up this morning to find it nestled on the right hand side (I'm assuming that's what the strange protrusion was)

I was so naive before and though they were just lay straight across your tummy as it appears in the scan blush

GinPalace Thu 31-May-12 11:19:24

How they appear on the scan depends on the sensor head direction as held by radiographer so not necessarily just how your baby is lying.

However your baby will whirl twirl, somersault and generally gallivant all over the place until born, though gets less room nearer due date so less likely to drastically move.

I remember with my first, I was far into advanced pregnancy the baby decided to do a total about-turn and I couldn't believe how far my tummy had to stretch while it completed this manoeuvre!!! I looked like a snake that a swallowed a sword - side on!! Fortunately it get into right position for birth. grin

GnocchiNineDoors Thu 31-May-12 11:23:29

Head on the right at 13 weeks, head on the left at 21 weeks. Head down at 30 weeks.

mattysmum09 Thu 31-May-12 12:54:28

Yes think they appeared both ways with me too. Womb is more to the right of your body though so this is mainly where babs is at the start. You just reminded me of having my first pregnancy scan 9 years ago and looking at the little scan pics afterwards i persuaded myself that his arms and legs were too short and stumpy and got a bit obsessed about it! How i thought the sonographer had misssed it I don't know!lol

mrswee Thu 31-May-12 17:13:23

Funny you should ask this as I was wondering. My baby's head is on the right but when I was scanned with DD she was on the left, I was wondering if the placenta is in a different place thins time or something but I guess babies do move around!

Jellybabie1467890 Fri 14-Apr-17 15:49:43

Can anyone help me please I'm not sure what gender my baby is please help cause I'm really desperate to find out it's making me cry please help me please 😞

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now