Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Boy or girl?

(50 Posts)
milk Tue 15-May-12 12:44:52

- I have been having constant cravings for coffee and walnut cake
- Had MS for first 19 weeks of pregnancy
- High bump that sticks far out

Is it a boy or girl? smile

Flisspaps Tue 15-May-12 12:47:44

Yes, it is a boy or a girl.

blondiedollface Tue 15-May-12 12:48:13

Sounds like me, and I'm having a girl!

milk Tue 15-May-12 12:50:55

I think it is a girl smile

My scan is Thursday at 4pm, so that evening I shall tell you all what it is.

PieMistress Tue 15-May-12 13:00:16

I vote girl!

CupOfBrownJoy Tue 15-May-12 13:36:23

I'm hoping for an ickle chocolate labrador smile

Beans1977 Tue 15-May-12 13:49:34

Hello - I'm nearly 22 weeks and have had constant cravings for coffee, bad morning sickness and I have a high bump. We found out two weeks ago that we're having a girl!

Chunkychicken Tue 15-May-12 14:15:46

I went off tea but not coffee, had a HUGE bump (think it was fairly rounded & self-contained, rather than the all-over spread, don't think it was high though) and didn't have anything I would call MS. Everyone (bar 1) said it would be a girl. And she was.

I don't think there's a way to predict, except with a scan. Good luck & hope you're not disappointed smile

SwissArmyWife Tue 15-May-12 14:24:54

I heard that carrying high was a boy, and carrying low was a girl. With my DD I carried low, although I did get morning sickness but not too much of it. I'm now nearly 15wks pg and have had horrible horrible morning sickness, although was put off coffee and tea!

Every pregnancy is different, but i'm going to say you're having a boy smile

Lozario Tue 15-May-12 14:26:48

I had much worse MS with DD than with DS and a high bump too. I reckon it sounds like a girl grin

PickleSarnie Tue 15-May-12 14:29:43

My bump looks different the second time round. I had a son the first time, I also had stomach muscles that worked the first time round so I really don't think bump shape gives any indication.

milk Tue 15-May-12 14:33:50

I already have a DS, and don't mind which gender this one is smile

Flisspaps Tue 15-May-12 14:34:24

Both my pregnancies and bumps were similar.

I have one of each.

COCKadoodledooo Tue 15-May-12 14:42:55

Whereas I have had two entirely different pregnancies, with different levels of sickness, different cravings and different bump positions. And two boys grin

MoonHare Tue 15-May-12 17:34:04

Ho ho.

I had a low bump and enjoyed coffee, she was a girl.

Had a high bump and couldn't stand coffee, she was a girl.

Total nonsense but it's fun to speculate isn't it?

WantAnOrange Tue 15-May-12 20:16:12

hhhmmmm, depends. Does it have a winkle?

SootySweepandSue Tue 15-May-12 20:19:02

I think with girls you put more weight on your bum and thighs...it's due to the oestrogen or something (and all the cakes grin).

Lozario Tue 15-May-12 20:29:47

Hmmm I put less weight on - but then I puked my way through the first half of the pregnancy and was running after a one year old at the time what was I thinking....

flic22s Tue 15-May-12 21:56:20

I was utterly convinced I was having a girl this time, it felt so different to when I was carrying my DS, the gold ring test said girl and , I just knew, queue 20 week scan..... and its a boy

bettybat Wed 16-May-12 13:00:59

First baby, 18+4 - bump is centred and forward, kinda low but feels self-contained in that it is not spreading over my hips, IYSWIM?

Multiple ring tests said a girl, an attempt at nub theory said a boy grin

We're not going to find out the sex at the 20wk scan in two weeks time...But I have finally hit upon the coolest boy's name so coming much more round to being able to imagine a boy now. I know the name bit is weird but I was struggling with boys names.

FirstTimeForEverything Wed 16-May-12 13:04:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

milk Wed 16-May-12 13:22:36

bettybat- why don't you want to know the gender?

bettybat Wed 16-May-12 13:42:16

I did at first, and was really excited about the 20wk scan to find out. But then I started harbouring worries that maybe I wanted more than the other, that just upset me. DH had made intermittent noises about maybe not finding out, we had a long chat about it and I realised that all of my worries were mostly based around not bonding with it - pregnancy seems so abstract still, I thought knowing the sex would make me feel closer to it.

Now I just actually don't care, and am far more involved in buying it things that steer vastly away from anything to do with so-called gender things like I started a little library of children's classics to read to it, started a video project of filming our lives while it's still a bump, and begun thinking about it more as a person than a particular sex.

I dunno - none of this is to cast aspersions on what anyone else does. Just for me personally, I had my worries and we came to a decision that put those worries to bed.

exexe Wed 16-May-12 18:03:56

Just for fun smile

www.amazingpregnancy.com/oldwivestales/index.phtml

exexe Wed 16-May-12 18:04:22

Apparently I'm having a girl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now