Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cervical polyp in Pregnancy (17 weeks)

(10 Posts)
Angelico Sat 28-Apr-12 20:32:35

Hi all,

Have had on and off problems with 'vaginal pressure' / odd discharges over last few weeks (swabs came back clear of infection), then 2 incidents of brown spotting in the last week. Tonight after speculum exam doc said I had a tiny cervical polyp which may have caused the spotting.

Has anyone else had a cervical polyp in pregnancy? And did it cause any problems? "Dr Google" (grin) seems to suggest that some cause no problems but others can get bigger and bleed quite a lot so was just wondering if anyone has experience of this? Please feel free to PM if you don't want to share with the whole world smile

goingmadtrying Sun 29-Apr-12 07:23:59

Hi I was found to have one in this pregnancy when I experienced bleeding from 6 weeks until about 14/15 weeks, mine seem to stop when my cervix moved up, haven't had any problems since (touch wood!) I would say if yours has just started to cause you problems it may cause you a bit more bleeding, but if your concerned at any time speak to the mw, hopefully you'll start if not already feeling baby move which should re-assure you a little, but don't feel guilty for ever getting bleeding checked out smile

Angelico Sun 29-Apr-12 20:22:18

Thanks for replying smile Glad yours has cleared up, hopefully no more bother from them for either of us smile

surfmama Sun 29-Apr-12 23:25:55

hi angelico i have had pink and brown spotting on and off throughout - now 33 weeks. they didn't know what it was - last time i had an internal for possible amniotic fluid leakage (it wasn't)! they popped everything they needed on the bed beside me and I remarked, is that a torch? they had a gigantic torch there! when they removed the speculum there was fresh blood on it and I shit myself, the doc said nothing to worry about, but i do have a polyp. nothing more said and such a relief to be honest to know where the bleeding had come from, haven't had any for a couple of weeks, and am so so so happy to be at 33 weeks - sigh.... wishing you well

Angelico Sun 29-Apr-12 23:46:09

Thanks Surf - glad you're hanging in there - roll on 33 weeks! grin I'm still at that stage where if anything happens it's game over for the bean so just can't wait to get a bit further on. Good luck! smile x

thisismypassword Mon 23-Feb-15 20:03:27

Hi, I'd like to revive this thread. Just found out I have a 0.5cm polyp and I'm almost 20 weeks pregnant. Anyone else experienced this? The one thing I'm worried about is infection and then prem labour.

Melissaaklieren789 Wed 18-Nov-15 14:35:42

Hi smile been to triage this morning after intermittent bleeding since 18 weeks pregnant (now 22) they have found the cause to be a polyp or so they think. This is my 2nd pregnancy. Has anyone else had the same?
What makes it more worrying for my is I had pre cancerous cervical cells removed and the gynaecologist who diagnosed it as polyps said she is certain it's not cancer which is a relief but still can't help but worry. I am the worlds biggest worried at the best of time last anyway blush just looking for people who have had a similar thing?

Melissaaklieren789 Sun 22-Nov-15 10:26:34

Hi, just curious as to how the rest of your pregnancy went after this? X

Melissaaklieren789 Sun 22-Nov-15 10:29:09

Hi just curious as to how the rest of your pregnancy went after this? x

Cosmiccreepers203 Sun 22-Nov-15 16:36:15

Hi

I had a massive cervical polyp diagnosed after a trip to A&E brought on by some bleeding. I was 19 weeks.

I ended up having it removed surgically. It was all fine, if a very stressful at the time. I was told that if it was small they could clip it off in a day clinic- only a five minute procedure. Unfortunately, mine was too big (like over an inch long!) and I had to be admitted.

Six weeks later there's no infection and all is going well. The most stressful part at the time was the lack of info online to reassure me. It seems it doesn't happen very often or people don't post about it. Message me if you want to ask anything. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now