Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it possible to feel your first baby move at 15 weeks?

(14 Posts)
0FrillyKnickers0 Mon 05-Mar-12 13:05:18

Hi all

I am 15 weeks tomorrow and I am sure I can feel my baby moving.

It is like a short fluttery sensation quite low down and I notice it when I am sitting still. When I get wind bubbling away, I feel that a lot higher up.

When we went for the 12 week scan, the sonographer commented on how active the baby was and said it is likely to be like that throughout the pregnancy.

Do you think those fluttery feelings could be me feeling the baby move?

TYIA!

mildredm Mon 05-Mar-12 13:10:09

Yes - is def poss - whether or not you can feel the baby move early on depends on where the placenta is I think.
Have 3 dc and I felt the 2nd from about 14 weeks but the 1st and 3rd not til past 20 weeks due to position of placenta.

Your description sounds like the bab moving...

How exciting for you!!!!!!

0FrillyKnickers0 Mon 05-Mar-12 19:05:23

How exciting!

Inspirachion Mon 05-Mar-12 19:09:51

Yes definately. I felt dc1 by then too. It's lovely throughout but the elbows and heels later can have an ouch factor with the loveliness. Enjoy!

feekerry Mon 05-Mar-12 19:36:06

Yep def. I felt mine since then and now at 38 weeks still extremely active. Midwife always comments on how active she is. You might be in for one very active baby! Think I am!

ahhhhhpushit Mon 05-Mar-12 19:52:20

Yes I felt DS1 at 15 weeks smile

BellaCB Mon 05-Mar-12 20:17:42

Yep! I remember having two ice lattes one afternoon when I was about 14 weeks, I'd hardly had any caffeine up until then as it had made me feel so sick, and after that I definitely felt some flutterings. Congrats and enjoy - I bet you get your first little kick soon!

WhenDoISleep Mon 05-Mar-12 20:33:51

Yes definately - I felt DS1 at 14/15 weeks.

therumoursaretrue Mon 05-Mar-12 21:22:16

Yup I can feel fluttering too grin have done for last week or so and I am 15 weeks today. Did think it was just wind to begin with but it's a different sensation to that!

oikopolis Mon 05-Mar-12 22:08:39

16 is the "usual" time so i don't think 15 weeks is too early at all. how lovely for you!!

Florin Mon 05-Mar-12 22:09:12

I am pregnant with my first and felt him move from 15 weeks. As others say it depends where the placenta is. Mine is at the top and back so easy to feel him move. I think feeling them move is the best feeling in the world, although I am only 24 weeks no doubt I will soon find it hurts when he really starting to jab his elbows in!

Fishpond Tue 06-Mar-12 03:39:58

Of course you can Frilly! <waves frantically at Frilly>

I felt DS at 16.5 weeks, and like you -noticed the first movements while I was sitting rather than lying. It was another good 4-5 days before I could feel him while lying on my back. He is a right wriggler, I feel no less than 30 movements a day now, and haven't gone a single day without feeling one by the time I could feel them!

Fishpond Tue 06-Mar-12 03:41:33

Although I don't understand how people describe them as flutterings, wind, butterflies, popcorn, etc. To me they were always very definite movements / punches / kicks!

I keep feeling weird movements at 15 weeks, but I've had them from 14 just was unsure what they were till now. It's a strange feeling, but a nice one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now