Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy iphone app recommendations anyone?

(17 Posts)
Davidsmom Sun 08-Jan-12 20:25:34

Hi,

Am in the early stages- only 6 weeks and have looked at several pregnancy apps but there seems to be so many I know I'll download the lot and spend the next 9 months figuring them out.

Any suggestions to narrow it down!!!

GoldenDaffodil Sun 08-Jan-12 20:30:33

Ive been using the baby centre free app and one called sprout that I had to pay for. Sprout has excellent week by week images of the baby's development and the bay centre one has lots of useful advice/tips.

NoGoodAtHousework Sun 08-Jan-12 20:34:36

Baby bump pregnancy was very good and was definitely my favourite. It can send you a update every week on your development and progress. I bought the full price version as well as it had a contraction counter and kick counter but tbh never used the kick one and the contraction one became a little redundant as I kept forgetting to press it!
I downloaded pretty much all the free ones, don't bother with the bounty one as it tells you exactly the same as it does in the book.
I had a whole folder of pregnancy apps!!!

JambalayaCodfishPie Sun 08-Jan-12 21:05:54

What to expect when your expecting. Was free.

I think people think because it's American it'll be no good, but it's been adapted to British guidelines.

You get a daily tip, and weekly facts for you and your baby.

There's an option to add a bump photo gallery, and access to forums (these are American - but still interesting)

melliebobs Sun 08-Jan-12 21:15:37

Babycentre (free)
Sprout (free) you still get the good pics on the free one and weekly info

Did have the what to expect when you are expecting app but it's rubbish. Too American

MillyStar Sun 08-Jan-12 21:26:08

I love baby centre! It has videos and pics every week of how big the baby is and my bf loves them, we read each days note before we get out of bed every morning it's really nice

I've got baby fruit aswell which tells you which fruit your baby is the same size as each week

Davidsmom Sun 08-Jan-12 21:30:56

Hi,

Thanks for the tips will look at them Used babycentre with previous pregnancies but the internet versions (pre iphone)

magpiemummy Tue 06-Mar-12 10:25:03

Hi, have you looked at Dr Hilary Jones from GMTV's app on pregnancy? It covers all stages of pregnancy. I've got it on the ipad and it's even got a function where you can photograph your baby bump. Love it!

Babycenter and baby bump (with the purple logo), I had both and checked them every morning before I got out of bed.

MillyStar Tue 06-Mar-12 11:33:30

Another babycentre fan here!

I also check it every morning in bed, as soon as my oh wakes up he says 'right what's she up to today' lol

I've used it from finding out at about 4 weeks and i'm nearly 35 now, gonna miss it when i've had her x

Gingersnap88 Tue 06-Mar-12 11:53:32

Baby Centre and Baby Fruit grin compares your growing bubba to a fruit!

melliebobs Tue 06-Mar-12 12:01:10

i used baby centre app

and i got the free version of the 'sprout' app which has some great pictures

only annoying thing is they all presume you have your babies at 40 weeks which is really bloody annoying!

MarathonMama Tue 06-Mar-12 12:33:11

ginger I'm 39 weeks, what fruit would that be???

Anyone know what the contraction timer app is called? Someone recommended it.

Alligatorpie Tue 06-Mar-12 14:47:20

The free sprout one has a contraction timer. It is my fave app too.

Gingersnap88 Tue 06-Mar-12 14:59:15

[b]marathonmama[/b] watermelon grin I'm 38+3 so we're both carrying melons!

MarathonMama Tue 06-Mar-12 21:42:25

It's a bloody big melon ginger!

gigglyapp Sat 08-Oct-16 14:50:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now