Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone know where I can buy maternity business suits?

(14 Posts)
MockCroc Tue 03-Jan-12 16:50:58

Boring question I know but I have to wear suits for my job. I have looked at Seraphine, Isabelle Oliver, Gap, Next, Boden and M&S maternity ranges but none of them sell suits. Lots of trousers and cardies, but not a whiff of a work jacket. Has anyone encountered this and, more importantly, found a solution? At the moment I can squeeze into my dress suits that stretch a bit, but give it a week or two and I am going to have a real problem!
Thanks
M x

rootietootie Tue 03-Jan-12 16:54:52

this any good?

ITryToBeZenBut Tue 03-Jan-12 17:12:09

I didn't really want to splash out on suits so bought a black maternity shift dress in gap which I wear with my usual suit jackets - open obviously wink. Might be a back up option if you can't find anything you like?

NewBikeForChristmas Tue 03-Jan-12 17:16:04

Jojomamanbebe trousers
and matching jacket
Jojo have various suitable shirts and tops too.

KeepingCalmAndCarryingOn Fri 10-Feb-12 14:12:04

MockCroc : I'm having exactly the same problem - only got a few weeks at most left wearing my dress/suits & have to wear suits for work. If you find any solution, please let me know - I'll do the same.

thanks smile

Alligatorpie Fri 10-Feb-12 14:41:00

A friend of mine bought some larger suit jackets and had them tailored. Not sure if that is an option for you.

BigFatHeffalump Fri 10-Feb-12 15:06:13

If you're fat enough to need maternity wear it's time to take maternity leave and lounge wink

tethersend Fri 10-Feb-12 15:17:29

Here

Here

buonasera Fri 10-Feb-12 15:22:44

I'd problems with this - I started to get slightly resentful of all these pregnant women who apparently don't need work clothes! Is everyone else independently wealthy or what??

I ended up pairing Mothercare formal trousers with a suit jacket from Topshop - all in black, with stretchy non-maternity work tops underneath. I suspect there is a better answer than that. But I'm quite fond of my Mothercare trousers as they're the only ones I could find with pockets (apparently pregnant women don't need to work or carry their keys!)

MockCroc Fri 10-Feb-12 15:56:40

Hi everyone
I hadn't noticed the replies on this thread. Thanks! At the moment I am wearing Gap black trousers - their maternity wear is some of the best I have found - and a tatty faux Chanel jacket from Next. But I suspect I am beginning to look as though I only have one set of clothes...
My sister, who also had to wear suits while pg, recommended the buying a jacket a size up option. Thanks for the links though. I will follow them up.

Buona I know what you mean. I am beginning to wonder what the clothes shop think happen to all those be-suited girls marching round the City when they get up the duff!

Thanks all and any more suggestions gratefully received

x

powderhound Fri 10-Feb-12 20:54:54

I've been pg in a City environment a couple of times. IO used to do some suits. The problem is, the pregnant form doesn't suit a formal jacket. They don't look good. So most pg ladies I see in the City wear smart dresses, smart skirt/tro and shirt/top but a non-mat jacket.
Crave do some but IMO not that nice.

lindsell Fri 10-Feb-12 23:29:15

I wear suits for work and what I did last pg and about to do again this time was open out the seams on my skirts and insert a small amount of stretchy fabric, they could be sewn back up again after pg. With jackets I keep the same as I wear 1 button jackets which button under the bust but tie with a ribbon/button extender. I basically did this to two of my skirts so had two suits to wear with a variety of non & mat tops. Most pg women where I work wear stretchy dresses and open jackets

tethersend Sat 11-Feb-12 13:15:53

Eva Alexander has a couple of things...

HMom1 Tue 18-Aug-15 21:39:06

Try bumpalicious maternity a UK store with loads of work clothes including a whole 2 jackets smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now