Talk

Advanced search

greasy hair and spotty skin, black under eyes anyone else the same?

(21 Posts)
mzundastood Sat 03-Dec-11 19:19:20

Hi all,

I am relatively new to the site and have had some fabulous advice so far, very helpful and so glad I found this site. Asking real people for tips and advice so much nicer than using google, it is reasuring to know you are not alone.
I am only 4-5 weeks pregnant (doctor not sure, hoping mw will comfirm) already I have really greasy hair and lots of spots, I am very pale and look exhausted I am sleeping o.k but under my eyes is completely black, just call me panda.
I had my son when I was 15 now 33 I remember having similar carrying him and thought it was my age! Is there anything you ladies can recommend?
If I am covering old ground my apologies in advance. Oh and is there anywhere I can find out the meaning of the abbrevations you all use, feeling slightly stupid not knowing? Some are easy to work out but not all of them. Would really like to know what they mean to understand all your posts.
My friend has suggested black under eyes means my iron levels are low?
Shall ask GP got appiontment on Monday.
Thanks for any advice Nxxx

sunshinesue Sat 03-Dec-11 20:17:57

No advice really but I'm the same. I've put it down to crazy pregnancy hormones, I doubt it's anything to be worried about. I'm hoping sometime soon I'll start to glow but am not holding my breath!

mzundastood Sat 03-Dec-11 20:21:09

I know, I was looking at myself in mirror this moring and thought look more like walking dead! Funny how everyone talks of glowing, blooming pregnant women, I just feel a blooming state.

heartmoonshadow Sat 03-Dec-11 21:16:47

I have a really weird side effect I have dark hairs growing from my chin to my neck I spend half the day plucking or waxing and a few days later they are back again it is a nightmare!

Crosshair Sat 03-Dec-11 22:08:48

Yes my skin and hair have gone greasy during pregnancy, sporting the pale skin dark baggy eye look as well. My iron levels are fine so it must be the hormones combined with not sleeping well.

www.mumsnet.com/info/acronyms

missdaydreamer Sat 03-Dec-11 22:26:14

I had really clear skin until I had my first and got acne during pregnancy, my daughter is almost 4 now and I'm still battling with it. I think for most though its just a change in hormones and it settles down after a while. Be careful what you use to tackle your blemishes though some over the counter spot washes aren't suitable for pregnant ladies smile

IHeartKingThistle Sat 03-Dec-11 22:33:34

I looked hideous and got acne when I was carrying a girl. With my boy I looked GORGEOUS. Never looked so good since!

Maybe it's a girl! (Disclaimer: I have NO other evidence to back this up grin)

mrdarceych Sat 03-Dec-11 22:34:45

Huge dark circles...look like crap...please please bring on the glow!!!

missdaydreamer Sat 03-Dec-11 22:37:11

I know alot of people who have said they looked like crap carrying girls!

kiki22 Sat 03-Dec-11 22:43:26

I'm having a boy and look like crap especially for the first 27 weeks i seem to have started to glow lightly but tbh i think i just looked that bad for the first 27 weeks not looking dead is an improvement. I was looking back over my phone pics and was quite shocked how pale i looked with the black eyes i looked ill.

MrsHuxtable Sat 03-Dec-11 23:50:54

I have developed hideous pregnancy acne on my upper back and shoulders. I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping some bad scars. No advice really. I'm also carrying a girl btw.

mzundastood Sun 04-Dec-11 09:02:04

heartmoonshadow, sad poor you, ive never heard of that side effect before. That must be a total pain for you, will it settle down? I have to pluck hairs from my tummy when I was 15 and pregnant with my son no one told me you got a hairy line on your tummy and I kept shaving it! Now have to pluck them, at least no one sees them.
I had terrible acne on my back, shoulders and face when I was young lots of scars, along with lots of lovely stretch marks think I will be staying clear of bikinis after this preg.

kelony Tue 27-Dec-11 17:22:47

I am 4 weeks pregnant with my 4th child. Personally I think its all myth about looking awful when carrying girls! I have 3 daughters and looked glowing from start to finish of each pregnancy with them. This time I look like death already!! Greasy hair that NEEDS to be washed daily, very pale, extremely tired!! None of these things were a problem with my other 3 pregnancies.

PamBeesly Tue 27-Dec-11 17:42:06

I had really greasy hair for the first trimester but no spots, I was constantly exhausted and very itchy. I was also off my food....second trimester and I went the other way, hair didn't get greasy and I couldn't stop eating! I'm having a boy by the way and think I look pants in general so perhaps no truth in the old wives tale smile

underbeneathsiesthemistletoe Tue 27-Dec-11 17:46:44

I'm like this normally - when I'm on BCP I'm fine. Those pesky hormones have a lot to do with it - the only time I was spot free with glossy, full, bouncy hair was when I was pregnant (girl). Since then I'm a right mess!

I'd prefer 9 months of disaster zone than the rest of my fertile life as the undead though on balance!

MissC36 Tue 27-Dec-11 18:21:33

I'm 6 weeks and rocking the 'dank' look...mmmmm, don't know how my OH resists me. Will it be like this the whole way through? :/

eightieshopaholic Tue 27-Dec-11 20:27:39

I'm 7 Weeks luckily so far had a few spots 2 weeks of greasy hair bought greasy hair herbal essence the 2 in 1 seemed to help hair not greasy but kinda dry now!!

NinkyNonker Tue 27-Dec-11 21:47:13

Me, Def not glowing and radiant here!

Rrrrayray Wed 28-Dec-11 09:06:31

Mrs huxtable - I had hideous acne on back with DD1 just wanted to say, fingers crossed for you too, as somehow I managed not to scar at all!

karebear25 Wed 04-Nov-15 12:24:46

That's because of the lovely progesterone hormone, it should settle down when the hormones do. I have(had??) pcos so hair on my face and neck isn't unusual for me I feel your pain. If you can handle the pain, threading is the best thing that lasts the longest and weakens the hair growth over time. X

redstrawberries101 Tue 10-Nov-15 06:56:40

Hi everyone!

I'm only 4-5 weeks yet and one of my first symptoms was really dark eye bags. My eyes are naturally deep set but they have darkened quite a bit. I didn't know it was preg related at the time but I think it most certainly is!

Can anyone recommend any decent concealer or creams to help?

I'm using Mac studio fix concealer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now