Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Achey, achey ACHEY!

(7 Posts)
saltyair Sun 23-Oct-11 18:33:13

I feel as though I'm falling apart at the seams! I'm all achey around the pelvis and my shoulders are achy, as are my arms. My back is also ACHEY!

I'm 17 weeks with shrimp numero uno and everything is fine, but I don't know if this is a pregnancy symptom (ligaments or something?) or something else. I don't feel ill (well, apart from my usual "morning" sickness, which has all but gone).
Any ideas? And if it is ligaments is there anything I can do to help myself - I'm meant to be start pregnancy yoga - will that help or will the stretching just make it worse??

Thank you!

SenoritaViva Sun 23-Oct-11 18:36:47

the yoga should help.

Oeisha Sun 23-Oct-11 21:59:42

Yoga or pilates should help, especially with your upper back, but def. meniton the pains and the fact you're pg (if you haven't already) to the instructor so they can taolir the exercises round you. Finding some kind of decent nesting arrangment in bed should help too. I've found a dreamgenii invaluable. Helped a lot with my hip/ligament aches. As for the pelvic pains/strains it's worth mentioning them to your MW so they can assess you for PGP/SPD which may require some tailored physio. Have a look at the link and see if it rings any bells.

Oeisha Sun 23-Oct-11 22:00:00

Oh and congrats! grin

saltyair Mon 24-Oct-11 09:39:23

Thank you - hmn, the SPD/PGP sounds awful...I'd say what I am feeling is alot milder than that describes, and isn't specific to my pelvis, my shoulders were awful in the night! Decent nesting arrangment (love that phrase!) does sound sensible - not being able to get comfortable seems ridiculous at this stage as I've barely got a bump!!

Oeisha Mon 24-Oct-11 20:14:01

Oh heck no, not too early. I got my dreamgenii at 12wks, hardly any bump, but I think it just kept my hips nice and still, and made sure the teeny bump I did have was in the 'right place' and not thus, stretching the ligaments on one side IYSWIM.
Helped my hip pain, back pain, the ligaments etc. and helped me get a decent night's sleep!
From what I can tell from sufferers 'on my bus' PGP can come on progressively, and can cause back issues as you try and compensate for the pain, so, well, look out for it, but at this point I wouldn't be too worried about that.

saltyair Mon 24-Oct-11 20:48:50

I think the shoulders are definitely compensation pain - going for a swim has helped loosen things up. Think I definitely need to get one of those pillows! Thanks for advice Oisha smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now