Talk

Advanced search

Is this braxton hicks?

(5 Posts)
pruney1977 Sun 23-Oct-11 12:01:16

I've had some tightening sensations and period pains inside my tummy where baby is, is this braxton hicks? I am very overweight and carry a lot of fat around my middle so my whole stomach isn't tightening, just that area inside. It doesn't hurt, just once it's stopped me walking not because it hurt (it didn't) but because it felt very tight inside. They're not frequent either, maybe once a day for the last few days. First pregnancy so unsure, am 31+4. They don't last very long either, just a few seconds.
Opinions would be appreciated, thanks x

libranlady Sun 23-Oct-11 12:17:23

Sounds like Braxtons to me. I don't think it's unusual to have them at 31 weeks and it's all part of the body preparing for labour. I'm 37 weeks and having them pretty intensely all of the time. I quite like them, find it reassuring that my body is doing what its supposed to grin

pruney1977 Sun 23-Oct-11 12:22:16

Cool, thanks libranlady. I'd read that some people get them a lot earlier so wasn't really overly concerned, just curious really. I just wish they were longer really, am hypnobirthing and it would be good to practice surge breathing with them but am sure they'll get more frequent and longer as time goes on.
37 weeks, you're classed as at term now, how exciting, can't wait to get there myself smile

TheMummyAbroad Sun 23-Oct-11 18:29:11

Sounds like BH to me too, I have been having them since about 30 weeks and as frequently as you describe too. I have noticed that they feel milder since I started taking Raspberry Leaf capsules at 36 weeks. Are you drinking the tea/taking capsules?

pruney1977 Sun 23-Oct-11 19:34:36

I've heard various people taking the raspberry leaf tea but off hot drinks since pregnant and they're not bothering me at the moment. It's all quite exciting really smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now