Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Smear like twinges

(4 Posts)
banana87 Sat 22-Oct-11 12:49:24

I am 35+4. Yesterday and today I keep getting smear feeling twinges on my cervix. Last week baby was 3/5 engaged. Are the twinges likely to be dilation (she hopes!) or just her being engaged?

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Sat 22-Oct-11 17:07:18

I had stabby twingey cervix pains from about 25 weeks with DS, he was engaged at 32 weeks...

He was born at 40+2
grin

Sorry!

Pastabee Sat 22-Oct-11 18:51:11

I asked midwife about these in the week (36 week appointment) and she said it was just nerve pain and baby engaging but that baby engaging on time had no bearing on when it will arrive.

I was also wishfully thinking it would mean baby was at least more likely to be on time so feel my hopes were very cruelly dashed too!

QuiltySecrets Sun 23-Oct-11 15:51:28

I'm 40 weeks today and started getting these 2 weeks ago - really hoped it might mean the baby was coming early, but that seems to have been wishfull thinking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now