Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bra sizing help

(4 Posts)
MrBloomsNursery Fri 21-Oct-11 22:16:40

I'm size 34DD. On the laredoute website they don't seem to have 34DD sized bras, only 34D. I've seen a 2 pack of maternity bras quite cheap, and am wondering if I should get size 34D...Will they fit? Or should I go for 34E instead? I'm really confused.

Actually, if anyone knows where I can get cheap nursing bras please tell me...I'll only be wearing them around the house (see below). Do primark even do maternity bras? I really don't want to spend alot.

Last question: Can you still wear minimiser bras whilst breast feeding? I hate my breasts and never leave the house without a minimiser. If not then what kind of bra will give me full support and not make my boobs look like two cones.

PinkFondantFancy Sat 22-Oct-11 04:12:01

I didn't bother with maternity bras, just wore well fitting normal underwired ones-midwife told me this is fine as long as fit correctly.

Hsve had a mare finding nursing bras-am currently wearing m&s 2 for £25 but they are neither cheap nor particularly comfortable

CuntryManner Sat 22-Oct-11 09:44:19

I bought feeding bras throughout my pregnancy (first ones around 20 weeks, second lot I bought around 30 weeks). I'm a 34G normally and atm I am a 38GG, so will shrink back down, but to be honest I breast feed so end up with larger boobs anyway so they extra size is comfortable, especially for sleeping (where I need to hold a nipple pad in place). You can always sell them. I bought 2 packs of 2 from M&S for about £25-28 and Debenhams are good 2 pack for £14 (I think they were on sale). You may find they dig into your ribs when you're pregnant but it's only because your rib cage is protruding, that'll go away when the baby is born!

TheWicketKeeperIsDown Sat 22-Oct-11 10:10:28

I also continued to wear well-fitting underwired bras throughout my first pregnancy and same now at almost 23 weeks. I struggled to find decent nursing brad but eventually found a wonderful underwired nursing bra made by Anita - google it. Fab, fab, fab and almost like a "real" bra! It wouldn't suit till your boobs have settled down a bit and feeding established, as the massive preferred swelling wouldnt work with the underwires. I found Bravado bras great for those early days - they stretch with your swelling boobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now