Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due date confusion?

(6 Posts)
justhayley Fri 21-Oct-11 22:14:11

Hiya I can't work out my pregnancy from my last missed period as I have super irregular period due to dodgy ovaries. Anyway had a private scan last Saturday as my partner is in the army and was home for the weekend and wanted to see our bubs, I was dated 12 weeks 5 days and due on April 25th. Then on Wednesday I had my NHS scan and was dated 12 weeks 4 days with a due date of 28th April. The baby's measurements were also different along with my weight! know it's only a few days difference but wondering which due date I should go with, and why they would get different dates?
Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks xx

MissRee Fri 21-Oct-11 22:17:32

Different machines reading measurements differently? Different sonographers?

To be honest your due date being a day or two out makes no odds really considering you may go 2 weeks overdue grin

Take whichever date you prefer but bear in mind the Nhs will stick with their own date.

Rx

icooksocks Fri 21-Oct-11 22:19:14

As there is little difference in the dates it doesnt really matter as if you go into labour at any time around this date you will be considered full term. If you are under NHS care then I would stick to the NHS date more for the easy life, the MWs will always use your NHS date.

Iggly Fri 21-Oct-11 22:19:57

I'd go with the NHS date for ease.

So few babies are born on their due date and there's a five week window of "normal" (37-42 weeks) so don't get too wedded to one day <speaks from bitter experience as DS was 8 days over!>

justhayley Fri 21-Oct-11 22:26:59

Thanks ladies, I know I'm being silly thinking about which day when they are so close, I think it's mainly because I'm loving my pregnancy day by day book and I want to know what page to read lol

nothingoldcanstay Fri 21-Oct-11 22:30:03

It's 266 days from conception if you know the date you had sex. I was out a week by NHS standards (irregular periods) but spot on according to this rule.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now