Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weird pains...

(10 Posts)
banana87 Fri 21-Oct-11 10:46:46

Not really sure what this is, and don't want to call the consultant for nothing.

I'm 35+3. Since Tuesday, my bump aches, like a stomach ache. Moving makes it worse. It's a constant ache, not one that comes and goes. Also having tightenings but randomly. I was told on Sunday baby is 3/5 engaged (2nd baby), and now when I walk it feels like her head is on my cervix (making it tricky to walk!).

At night it's really bad laying down, even with pregnancy pillow and other pillows, and often bump is hard as a rock from the time I lay down until I wake up and get moving.

Is this all normal? I didn't have any of it with DD that I can remember. Or should I expect to be going into labour sometime soon? Should also add that I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead and have a small frame and huge bump!

BumpinBlue Fri 21-Oct-11 12:01:02

Hi Banana,

Iam afraid I dont have any advice but I feel like Iam in the same boat so Iam going to nose around and wait for somebody to tell us their experience. I am too due on 22/11 and last night had what felt was stomach cramps, not so much like period pains but tightening of my stomach which was constant. I just presumed it was braxton hicks so I walked around for a bit, drank some water and eventually it wore off. Iam measuring 2 weeks ahead and this is my first so Iam quite nervous! Eeeeek.

Hope your feeling better today! smile

banana87 Fri 21-Oct-11 12:20:36

22nd! Me too! smile Although I am pretty convinced I will not make it til then. I'm banking on 38 weeks given how large they seem to think this baby is and their eagerness to induce me!

cheekydino Fri 21-Oct-11 12:28:10

Please both get yourself checked out - it is 99.9% probably normal, but I had stomach tightenings that didn't subside (braxton hicks but lasting ages instead of a few minutes) and occasionally painful and it turned out to be a sign of the placental abruption I had which was really serious. Very rare but always worth checking - I should have but thought it was probably minor and wasn't worth worrying a midwife over. After one prem baby and then this I now encourage anyone uncertain of anything to just get checked out - it's always worth getting reassured.

banana87 Fri 21-Oct-11 12:43:25

I had a trace Sunday night, wouldn't they have picked something up then? I was having tightenings during the trace too. I have a scan booked Monday morning as well.

cheekydino Fri 21-Oct-11 12:49:18

Did you have the ache then and mention it to them? If not, then just ring up and ask. They may say wait until Monday or they may get you to come in but either way it will stop you worrying over the weekend.

banana87 Fri 21-Oct-11 14:23:17

No I didn't have the ache then, just the tightenings. Will text my consultant, I really hate to bug him for small stuff blush

cheekydino Fri 21-Oct-11 15:34:13

I felt exactly the same as you! I hate bothering people - but remember that they are the only ones who are expert enough to tell you if it is small stuff. And I've never known them be cross at being asked for their expertise. Good luck - I'm sure it will be fine. smile

banana87 Fri 21-Oct-11 15:58:43

He said I may have excess fluid which is causing the pain. Will find out for sure on Monday but he said in the mean time I may go into labour and to call him if I do or if it gets worse smile

silverangel Fri 21-Oct-11 23:03:09

Ditto what cheekydino said, I had an abruption, hospital misdiagnosed as a UTI, if you keep getting tightenings over the weekend push for more tests / scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now