Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

birthing/exercise balls

(10 Posts)
redheadbedhead Fri 21-Oct-11 08:28:53

Hello..
Weird and probably pointless question, but I bought a 65cm exercise ball to sit on while pregnant and it doesn't seem tall enough to make my knees lower than my hips, although 65cm is supposedly right for my height.

Boring but do I have to return it and get a 75cm one? Am I not blowing it up enough? Does it matter? Do I need to get a life?

Thanks....

BedatHogwarts Fri 21-Oct-11 10:48:06

They vary a lot, even if they are supposedly the same size. For example, my 65cm Reebok ball looks at least 20% bigger than the cheap 65cm one I got from Tesco.

sleepevader Fri 21-Oct-11 10:56:26

Was it an Argos one/ supermarket one? They aren't true to size at all.

Return it. If you measure it bet it's about 55cm!

Get a birthease one- much better quality and posture!

melliebobs Fri 21-Oct-11 11:58:56

its hard to buy them according to your height. It's more about your leg length cos you want your knees in line with your hips. You can have 2 people of the same height but one with longer legs than the other. Your best going to a sport shop or the gym where you can actually sit on one and see which is the best size for you

redheadbedhead Fri 21-Oct-11 12:55:06

bum, i knew this would happen. should have asked here first! Yes, I got it from Argos. And yes, it's definitely measuring small. And now I can't fit it back in the box or find my receipt!!! aaarrgh!

Will just have to get another one!

Thanks for the advice everyone!

nickelbabe Fri 21-Oct-11 12:56:36

what make was it?
I'm worrying about the size thing too, because I have long legs.

sleepevader Fri 21-Oct-11 15:27:58

Did you pay by cash or card? Use your bank statement if latter as proof of purchase or is the catalogue number on box?

Everyone in my yoga class who has brought a cheap ball has regretted it.

redheadbedhead Sat 22-Oct-11 17:37:19

nickelbabe it was just the cheapy one from Argos. Started bidding for proper ones on ebay now!

sleepevader - it was only £6 or something so I might just cut my losses and maybe sell it at a boot sale or on ebay another time. too pregnant and lazy to be arsed to go back there with no receipt!

Velvetcu Sat 22-Oct-11 18:03:06

How tall are you? I've got a 75cm one and I'm 5'7". I don't have mine fully inflated coz I liked a bit of bounce in it and mine was from the NCT - definitely much nicer than the cheap one a friend lent me.

PinkFondantFancy Sun 23-Oct-11 11:19:46

I am 5'9 with quite long legs. I got a 75cm reebok one from John Lewis, it was fab

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now