Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Argh -what is this blood?

(8 Posts)
TopazMortmain Thu 20-Oct-11 12:08:10

Am 24 weeks and this morning when I wiped there were pin head size dabs of red blood. I don't think it's vaginal but am completely overcome with paranoia. It's all a bit dry and sore down there so is it just a small tear or abrasion from wiping too much? Am out of the UK at a conference so getting to a doctor would be an issue although I can get to one if I need to. Baby wriggling normally.

Has anyone had this? Am I being over worried? Help!

plantsitter Thu 20-Oct-11 12:10:09

Do you think you could have thrush? It could be that if so.

I would keep an eye on it and if it carries on/gets worse, go and see someone although it's inconvenient. Otherwise you'll panic yourself silly.

morethemerrier Thu 20-Oct-11 12:28:14

It could be haemorrhoids (piles see below definition) very common in pregnancy, and cause such bleeding from your bottom.

Yet another joy of being pregnant! Do seek advice rather than worry yourself silly if it continues. x

'Hemorrhoids are very common, especially during pregnancy and after childbirth. They result from increased pressure in the veins of the anus. The pressure causes the veins to swell, making them painful, particularly when you are sitting.'

TopazMortmain Thu 20-Oct-11 12:39:45

Thanks grin I am going to monitor the situation today (staring intently at loo paper is my mission for today)

This pregnancy is turning me into a nervous wreck

banana87 Thu 20-Oct-11 13:58:12

I had that from wiping too much once [oops]. Being dry and wiping can cause some slight bleeding. Do you have any other symptoms? Can you dab both ends to determine which end it is coming from?

MissRee Thu 20-Oct-11 14:35:00

I had this a few weeks back and me and DP decided it was just a burst spot blush icky tho!!!

TopazMortmain Thu 20-Oct-11 17:32:25

Thanks - I did dab and seemed very much to the front iwswim. Stopped now so back to paranoid knicker checking blush

KatyN Tue 25-Oct-11 22:02:57

Go to the loo even more frequently than normal!! Then you can tell if blood from wee, poo or baby tube. Obviously the first two are not an immediate problem... And the baby tube might well be nothing to worry about.. A few dropsisn't much.
I had quite a lot of bum blood and went to gp incomplete panic saying I was going crazy with worry... She said to eat bran to remove problem as the worry was going to be there for the rest of my life!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now