Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning Sickness Worries

(5 Posts)
LouisaJF Thu 20-Oct-11 11:03:38

I think I know what you're all going to say, but I'll ask anyway!

In my first pregancy my morning sickness stopped at 11 + 2. At my 12 week scan I discovered the baby died on that same day.

The midwife has reassured me this time that the morning sickness is a sign everything is healthy, and so I have been openly welcoming it! I am now 13 + 2 and have had a healthy scan, and now the sickness is wearing off.

Normally this should be something to celebrate, but after last time I'm just worrying that it isn't a good sign. Should it be wearing off by now? Or am I worrying over nothing? I'm so scared of something going wrong this time too.

FirstTimeMummyToBe Thu 20-Oct-11 11:24:35

I am so sorry to hear about your first pregnancy. (i know that wont help much)

I am 35+1 and i have not had any sickness at all the whole way through my pregnancy and the baby is very healthy and all is going well.

I was worried at the begining when i never had any as everyone always talks about having it.

Im sure the baby will be fine smile

sharond101 Thu 20-Oct-11 12:44:48

Your hormone levels naturally begin to fall between 12 and 16 weeks so the sickness feeling often tends to lessen at this time.

Wormshuffler Thu 20-Oct-11 12:50:55

I had no mornin sickness with the mc I had, but with this one I had it until 13 weeks, now 28. I was sick all the way through with dc's.

becstarsky Thu 20-Oct-11 12:57:34

Totally understandable that you're worried, and so sorry about your first pregnancy. It is normal for sickness to be wearing off by now. It is also normal to worry about your baby from the moment of conception until... Well, my Mum still worries about me and I'm pushing 40! And there's not a second that goes by that I don't worry about my DS who is five years old. So I won't say 'don't worry' 'cos that ain't never gonna happen! But be reassured at least that this is a normal time for sickness to ease off and that you've had a healthy scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now