Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When will this tiredness end!

(11 Posts)
mrsshears Wed 19-Oct-11 17:23:29

I'm 7+2wks pregnant and feel really lousy sad
I'm really pleased to be pregnant but i'm struggling to cope with being constantly exhausted and sick,i have 2 other dc and dont remember feeling this bad with them,although they are 5 and 14 so maybe i've forgotten how bad it was.
I have been asleep for most of the day today and when i have been awake i have been feeling constantly nauseaus,when will this get better? someone cheer me up please.

flowerflo Wed 19-Oct-11 17:33:54

Oh dear poor you! That's how I felt for the first 12 weeks. I was going to work each day then going straight to bed as soon as I got home. Could barely function. As I'd not told anyone I was pregnant I couldn't even moan about it! It honestly did stop by week 12 though. I'm now 29 weeks and feel fine still. Hope it passes for you asap smile

KatyN Wed 19-Oct-11 17:34:44

it'll get better.. I remember feeling almost human again around 12 weeks.. we mnaged to go away and see friends and EVERYTHING!

that said i'm now 36+6 and back to feeling very 'first trimester'!

get your naps when you can.
katy

mrsshears Wed 19-Oct-11 17:43:26

Thank you,that has given me some hope.
I've been panicking and wondering how on earth i was going to cope with another 7mths+ of feeling like this.

melliebobs Wed 19-Oct-11 17:56:23

oh no those early days are rubbish yet you are happy at the same time. For me i was working, coming home for my lunch n a quick 40 winks then crashing when i got home at 5pm. Going to the gym (which i did every day) went out the window and i was constantly nautious. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, especially as this is my first, but around the 10/11 wk off the nausea dissapeared and the constant tiredness about 16/17 weeks.

AstroNess Wed 19-Oct-11 17:59:06

<waves> I'm 8+3 and feel dreadful. I'm sat here wondering whether to go and sit by the loo or not confused.

I haven't actually been sick, just felt sick every day for over a week. Goodness knows how I'll cope for another 4 weeks of it.

I feel your pain!!

Onlymydogunderstandsme Wed 19-Oct-11 21:59:45

I understand how you feel, I'm 6+4 and have been feeling nauseas for the past few days! I feel better when i eat but then feel I will bring it up again!! The tiredness I can cope with but feeling sick is horrible!! I've just been to the supermarket to stock up on things to snack on! Fingers crossed it goes at the 12 week mark, although at the same time it feels positive to have some strong symptoms iykwim!

LoveInAColdGrave Thu 20-Oct-11 08:04:57

Congratulations! My tiredness and sickness stopped bang on 13 weeks. I hope you feel better soon.

somewherewest Thu 20-Oct-11 11:31:14

Lots of sympathy! For me it was around 12 weeks, although the sodding morning sickness lasted a bit longer. If you're partnered be very clear with your DP just how exhausted you are and what you need him to do. Mine was lovely but they don't always realise quite how knackering the first trimester is. Be gentle with yourself. Let the dishes pile up and don't worry if beans on toast become a regular fixture.

LivinInTheMoment Thu 20-Oct-11 15:56:49

Oh the tiredness is awful. I had it from about 8 weeks til about 16 weeks. I kid you not i used to cry come the evening time i was sooo so tired.

Only advise i can give is to sleep as much as you can whenever you can. Dont feel guilty about sleeping in or going home from things early to bed like i did. Your making another person so your body is workin so hard its bound to leave you wrecked. I wish i had taken more naps and put my feet up more often.

MammaInTheMaking Thu 20-Oct-11 16:55:38

here-here. 6+6 and can't quite describe this exhaustion. DP really doesn't get it. He's sympathetic but i think he's a little puzzled about it. Getting a good 8 hours sleep a night. Seems to see me through til about 11am and then it's like my brain just wants to shut down.

And the nausea, yuck. I'm going to be the size of a house because the only thing that stops it is eating sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now