Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pink sausage

(6 Posts)
BillyGoatsGruffalo Wed 19-Oct-11 14:16:43

Aaaargh! Have just eaten sausage that was quite pink in the middle - not sure if it's the meat or whether to be worried! Guess i'm looking for some reassurance/problems to look out for that might come as a result. Thank you.

HotPinkGingham Wed 19-Oct-11 14:35:30

Right. Firstly, don't worry. This very thing happened to me this weekend (was in a restaurant - man, did they get a b*llocking).

I was convinced I was going to get explosive food poisoning but was absolutely fine, and mine was definitely partly raw, the restaurant manager even agreed when he looked at the remaining half.

As far as I know, the worst that would happen is that you could get a case of food poisoning for about 12-24 hours or so, and your body would just deal with it as normal. You'd start feeling a bit sick around 4-8 hours after eating. That kind of bacteria doesn't cross the placenta so won't affect bub.

However, you will most probably be absolutely fine. I totally sympathise with the worry though!

BillyGoatsGruffalo Wed 19-Oct-11 14:45:06

Thank you so much smile I'm only 9 weeks and feel like such an incessant worrier already - I just don't want to let this baby down! Thanks so much for the reassurance and level-headedness - just what I need!

HotPinkGingham Wed 19-Oct-11 14:49:18

Pleasure, I've been there (in fact I'm still there - not sure I'm going to stop worrying until LO pops out healthy!) xx

Crosshair Wed 19-Oct-11 16:47:55

Also done this, was fine. smile

BillyGoatsGruffalo Wed 19-Oct-11 18:31:38

Glad I'm not the only one - it's a minefield!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now