Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When should I get a birthing/maternity ball?

(3 Posts)
helgaw99 Wed 19-Oct-11 12:07:35

Hi all,

I am 19 weeks and just trying to work out when I should get a birthing/maternity ball? When did all you get yours?

I have very achy knees and slightly stiff hips so maybe the sooner, the better. But I don't really have a bump yet (too much fat!) and would feel a bit silly bouncing around on it just yet!

Thanks
Hx

NotJustKangaskhan Wed 19-Oct-11 12:44:57

Whenever you want - though I would get a gym ball rather than a birthing ball (things just for pregnancy tend to be more expensive). They're useful for exercises and physiotherapy as well as bouncing on and help you maintain a better sitting position (the biomechanical physiotherapist I know recommends replacing computer chairs with them!).

sleepevader Wed 19-Oct-11 16:49:02

I have got a ball from birthease. After getting ones from asda and Argos in the past this one is fab. True to size, hips/knees in correct allignment and dont feel I'm going to burst it.

Use it most days and Is going hospital with me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now