Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really sore boobs - any solutions?

(6 Posts)
MrsSET Tue 18-Oct-11 17:53:21

I'm 12 weeks and my boobs are still so tender. I have always been bigger busted but they are now like udders and so sore!

Anyone have any tips or alleviating the tenderness? Also, I know later on in pregnancy women tend to switch to non-underwired bras. Does that help? Or is that mainly for breastfeeding?

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Snowgirl1 Tue 18-Oct-11 18:36:01

One of the first changes that pregnancy had for me was that the underwired bras had to go. My boobs were soooo sore for the first 16 weeks or so. Going to non-wired bras made me so much more comfortable - but just getting wired bras that fit better might help?

AprilAl Tue 18-Oct-11 18:54:09

I had to ditch the wired bras at around 6 weeks after a horrendously uncomfortable weekend staying with family. By the time we got in the car to leave I was almost in tears. Whipped the bra off as soon as we set off (yes DH was driving wink) and spent the journey home holding my boobs so they wouldn't jiggle too much and whimpering. I was in M&S first thing the next day getting measured. Bought the softest, non-wired bra the very understanding assistant could find for me. It was such a relief to put it on I ended up keeping it on - just couldn't face going back into my wired bra. I can't believe you're still managing to wear wired bras to be honest, you're a braver girl than I!

I also found that it helped to wear a bra through the night on the days they were particularly sore.

I'm coming up to 16 weeks and mine have been considerably less sore the last couple of weeks. Still very sensitive, but less sore. I'm mostly sleeping bra-free these days. Hopefully yours will settle down a bit too.

I really would get rid of the wires though!

bigmacandhappymeal Tue 18-Oct-11 19:05:17

I was fine with wires, but found that if I got cold my boobs hurt a lot more. Also recommend wearing a vest top with secret support in bed to stop them flopping about moving.

Snowy27 Tue 18-Oct-11 19:21:17

I've bought a couple of sleep bras- really supportive and they've made a difference for me, I didn't wear one for a few days and i could really tell!

MrsSET Wed 19-Oct-11 00:18:19

Thanks for all the tips. Will go and try out so non-wired bras, especially for sleeping in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now