Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Painful upper abdomen 33 weeks pregnant.

(8 Posts)
SpicyMeatball Tue 18-Oct-11 15:46:26

Before i call my midwife and get marched over to the hospital, i just wanted to know if this is normal.

Yesterday morning i woke up with an aching pain across the band of stomach between my belly button and ribs. That part of my stomach is rock hard and quite sore to touch.

It almost feels like trapped wind but really quite painful. I'm struggling to move properly and i'm only comfortable lying flat.

Baby is still moving fine. Has anyone else experienced this before?
As i said, i dont want to phone the midwife just yet before i know whether i should be worried or not.

mousyfledermaus Tue 18-Oct-11 15:50:30

call mw immediately. this pain could be a sign of your liver not liking your pregnancy...

SpicyMeatball Tue 18-Oct-11 15:52:47

Thanks Mousy, what do you mean by liver not liking it?

mousyfledermaus Tue 18-Oct-11 15:58:41

could be a symptom of pre-eclampsia

SpicyMeatball Tue 18-Oct-11 15:59:37

Thanks again Mousy, i'll ring MW now.

mousyfledermaus Tue 18-Oct-11 21:25:26

hope you are all right and that it was just trapped gas

SpicyMeatball Tue 18-Oct-11 23:00:20

I spent 2 hours in the hospital, and it turns out its just the way she's lying. Foot stuck in the rib they think.
Baby is well though which is the main thing. I was sent home with some paracetemol smile feel a bit of an idiot now.. But nevermind. Better to be safe than sorry.
Thanks for your help smile

mousyfledermaus Wed 19-Oct-11 08:45:24

good to hear.
glad it is not sinister, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.
good luck with the rest of the pregnancy and birth!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now