Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby lying in very uncomfortable position - any suggestions to encourage her to move a little bit?

(11 Posts)
annekins Tue 18-Oct-11 11:53:10

Hi all, my dear little Pickle is currently reclining with either an arm, a foot or an elbow digging into my side and it's sooo very uncomfortable. I would say it f**king hurts, but lets keep things in proportion!!

Has anyone got any ideas of gentle ways I can encourage her to move just a little bit? I've been gently rubbing my bump for a fair while, but other than a friction burn on my hand, she's being stubborn (like her father lol!).

A x

whackamole Tue 18-Oct-11 12:12:40

I had about 3 days of baby lying like that and it was so uncomfortable! He was pushing my ribs out to the side when I sat down, I could hear them click back when I stood up shock.

The only thing I can think is get on you hands on knees. Wasn't really an option for me as it was always at work when it was noticeable!

annekins Tue 18-Oct-11 12:43:17

I might have to nip off into one of the side offices for 10 mins and do the hands and knees thing! I thought I had succeded as I got some very displeased kicks, but then I went out for a walk and she's settled back down!!

StickyGhost Tue 18-Oct-11 12:46:57

Try doing some hard coughing, that usually gets them to shift at least a bit.

scepticalexpat Tue 18-Oct-11 13:33:39

Apart from the hands and knees thing, supposedly it can help if you keep raising and lowering your arms (like you're pretending to be a big flapping bird)?! I'm not sure you'll look much less silly but it's a variation to try...

TheMummyAbroad Wed 19-Oct-11 03:51:34

Try "the inversion" as described here, apparently it stretches out your uterus giving baby a little more wiggle room.

annekins Wed 19-Oct-11 06:37:14

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. After a couple of trips to the conference room to get on all fours (the only place without a glass panel in the door!!!), and a bout of coughing, she went back to poking my bladder instead..oh the joys of being pregnant!

Baby isn't quite engaged yet, so the inversion wasn't an option but she's on her way so I'll remember that for next time!!

Broodzilla Wed 19-Oct-11 10:42:42

can't link from my phone but google spinning babies, the website has lots of positions to spend time in, to encourage the baby to get in a good position for birth.

pruney1977 Wed 19-Oct-11 12:30:02

Whenever mine is digging in my side, I go on my knees and lean over my birthing ball to stretch my upper body out. The position feels nice for me and usually does the trick. Difficult to do though if you don't have a birthing ball to hand but I find it more comfortable (or perhaps just lazier?) than going on all fours.

AKMD Wed 19-Oct-11 13:14:07

Drinking a glass of iced water always sorted DS out blush

MooseyMoo Wed 19-Oct-11 20:44:15

I found throwing a pen on the floor under my desk was a good excuse to go on all fours in the office blush. Having a bath used to set off DD into some impressive movements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now