Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Wee or waters?

(8 Posts)
MamaMaiasaura Tue 18-Oct-11 11:04:59

Been having ctx but coping and when checked on Sunday not dilated. Decided to take ds2 to toddler swim session and while in pool I felt suddenly very warm between my legs twice quite close together. The warm feeling of pee (sorry tmi) but I'd been to loo before getting in and not leaked wee at all and didn't feel like I was erring iykwim. Any thoughts of experience? This is baby 3. Last 2 preg I had artificial rupture of membrane.

MamaMaiasaura Tue 18-Oct-11 11:08:02

Sorry garbled a bit. I went to wee before pool and emptied bladder. Also all pregnancy I've not leaked wee or had stress incontinence.

MamaMaiasaura Tue 18-Oct-11 11:08:49

*weeing" not erring stupid iphone

largeginandtonic Tue 18-Oct-11 11:10:16

Call midwife. They will want you to go in and be checked. They should be able to tell.

Good luck!

cravingcake Tue 18-Oct-11 12:18:47

Second what largeginandtonic says. Especially as you havent had any 'leaking' issues during the pregnancy.

Good luck!

MamaMaiasaura Tue 18-Oct-11 13:15:33

Called DAU and midwife I spoke to said se reckons it's just wee. She said if waters I'd be leaking now and soaked through and it wouldn't stop. Doesn't want me to come in. Was a bit surprised but she must know more than me. Still getting reg painful ctx but not really big ones so waiting it out. Come on baby!

BadNails Tue 18-Oct-11 13:44:04

Your waters will have a very 'non wee' like smell - kind of sweet (ish) - believe me, I am now overly familiar with amniotic fluid... I had a very slow leak, more of a drip drip with DD1, but it was continuous. I stood in the bath, legs akimbo to check the colour was about right (very very pale yellow or clear) and ended up spending the night on the antenatal ward as I was 36+6. It was confirmed that my waters had broken and I had zero contractions for a day and a half!

Good luck smile

DorisIsTheDarkDestroyer Tue 18-Oct-11 13:52:52

MW was not overly helpful.

I leaked just before I went into labour sorry if TMI here I was on the loo and had a strong contraction (didn't realise at the time as was 1st DC) when I stood up I leaked a little more thought blush really should have done more kegels. Sat down stood up again and the same thing happened. I didn't have a big gush or even a constant dribble. I did however manage to get a sample on a pad and the smell is completely different to urine.

Put a pad on and give it a sniff.

I had my leak at about 6pm and went into labour proper about 10pm

Fingers crossed for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now