Well, I haven't experienced it directly but coming from a cardiology (non pregnancy related!) background, I'd say that bottom number of 96 is reasonably high (you'd be aiming for the 80ish mark). These things can vary though hence taking it again on Thursday to see if it is persistant or a once off. Anecdotally, my SIL found herself in the same ppsition as you. Had her 41wk check eith the MW, Bp was high, referred to the hospital the next day, they took her Bp and it was still high, so they sent her home and told her to come back in the morning for induction. Might be worth just making sure your DH stays on the end of a phone incase they want to admit you? He could go into work but warn them what may be happening?
I had to be induced from pre-clampsia ( high bp), I went midwifes, bp was unbelievably high, sent straight to hospital to have checks, and bloods. Hospital phoned me the day after to say bloods have said I had pre-clampsia (not sure how that works) and was booked in for the next morning. So there's a big chance ull get booked in and induced. Can't see them doing it there and then though. Although they may want to admit you to keep eye on it until following morning
Your looking at the bottom number for bp in pregnancy, and also at your starting point at your booking in appoinment. If it goes up by 15-20 then they'd def consider induction in my experience. So my bp is generally a bit on the high side and was ?/80 at booking in, so for my bp 130/96 would be high but borderline I think. What was your booking in bp?
As DH is a teacher, it would be good to have the baby in time for halfterm! But I feel nervous generally about hospitals and had wanted a homebirth and to be able to spend the first night at home with our baby rather than in hospital.
Being positive, as long as the baby is ok, I'm happy.
In my situation they were very reluctant to induce once the BP remained stable. The midwives really encouraged me to wait and see. I had a sizing scan and dd was a good weight etc but it was deemed better to wait it out.
I had a very quick labour with dd1 and originally was very anti-intervention. However after all the stress of being admitted, staying a couple of days over and over again I was practically begging to be induced.
I think it probably depends how high your BP remains. If it's going up and down then they may just wait and see. This is what they did with me, mine was up and down like a yo-yo two weeks before my due date and they left me to go to 40+10 but I had to have monitoring every day in the assessment unit just to check for PE (incidentally they won't diagnose you with PE until you have protein in your urine). Unfortunately the day before I was due for routine inducement I went into labour naturally but ended up getting severe PE at the same time.
For 2 weeks before then I had my BP taken every 2 days at GPs. If it was high I got sent to hospital where I sat on a BP monitor for an hour to get more accurate readings once I was relaxed. I got sent home on most days except the last where they sent me upstairs to be induced.
The consultant said 'even if your BP is not always high, it is high today' and as I was so overdue they decided to induce.
I think if you are earlier on you will be asked for routine checks or maybe a 24 HR BP monitor to be worn.
A few months after birth I found out I have White coat syndrome re BP, so I'm not sure if my BP was ever high.
My mum thinks it's White Coat Syndrome as I feel absolutely fine in every other way, so it's interesting to hear two of you have that. I look relaxed but inside I know I'm thinking: "What if there's no heartbeat today" and things like that.