Talk

Advanced search

Hair dying in pregnancy?

(8 Posts)
NinkyNonker Mon 17-Oct-11 21:51:32

What is the recommendation now? I'm not thinking bleach, just a box of brunette to cover my frumpy greys!

melliebobs Mon 17-Oct-11 21:53:48

You'll be fine. Just make sure it's a well ventilated rm

pregnantmimi Mon 17-Oct-11 22:04:51

highlights bleach dont touch the scalp so not that bad colour out bottle goes on scalp loads of people do it know when pregnant and no problems you might find like i did that it just washs out i did hair 4 times and it washed out so had to leave it even a perm washed out from the hairdressers drove me nuts

banana87 Mon 17-Oct-11 22:38:15

Just patch test please. Pregnancy changes many things and you may find you are allergic all of the sudden.

pregnantmimi Mon 17-Oct-11 23:57:37

this is true banana i had a reaction to a natural fake tan and even now itch and bleed on skin i been ok with hair dye but wouldnt liek to have one of them reactions when get swelling etc

NinkyNonker Tue 18-Oct-11 07:41:12

Actually, I remember doing my hair during my last pregnancy and it went ginger...maybe I'll go to the hairdressers instead!

twogirls1more Tue 18-Oct-11 08:07:13

My hairdresser won't do colour that touches scalp during pregnancy so I make do with foils. Don't think there's ever been any conclusive evidence to say whether it can be harmful or not so like to be a bit cautious. I've had my hair coloured about every 5 wks during this pregnancy and all my other 3.

Icelollycraving Tue 18-Oct-11 15:58:38

My hairdresser would do it but I chose to have foils instead. I didn't have full tint until well into pregnancy,about 30 weeks I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now