Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How would you describe morning sickness....?

(49 Posts)
babysaurus Mon 17-Oct-11 21:06:56

I'd describe it as feeling slightly travel sick most of the time, but have read posts from others where it seems to be far more dramatic / severe, sounding more like a nasty stomach bug. So, I was wondering how others decribe theirs....?

LynetteScavo Mon 17-Oct-11 21:07:37

Like the worst hangover you have ever had which goes on for months.

Tinkerisdead Mon 17-Oct-11 21:10:04

Oh christ like food poisioning combined with the recovery of a general anesthetic. I'm 23 weeks now. My MS stopped at 16 weeks this time, 14 weeks with DD and I can categorically say it's what will stop me having a DC3. Urgh.

LoveInAColdGrave Mon 17-Oct-11 21:11:06

Like an awful sicky hangover that lasts for months.

headfairy Mon 17-Oct-11 21:11:31

a dull slow nausea, not the sudden urge to puke you get with food poisoning or similar. And the crazy need for sugar at the same time. Sick but hungry. I could tear through brick walls with my bare hands to get to some carbs when I was really bad.

Onlymydogunderstandsme Mon 17-Oct-11 21:12:30

I have felt queasy for the last two days, only way I can describe it! I feel better when I eat something but it then comes back! I sat at my desk earlier and felt like bursting in to tears with that and feeling so tired! I found sucking on mints and drinking water at the same time makes it a bit better!!! I just hope it doesn't develop in to actually being sick!

mollschambers Mon 17-Oct-11 21:12:56

Yup. Like a seemingly never-ending hangover <shudders at the thought>.

RedRubyBlue Mon 17-Oct-11 21:14:43

Feeling sick/being sick/getting over being sick/feeling sick/being sick/getting over being sick.

I was once sick NINE times between 7pm and 11pm.

Morning sickness? Yeah right. I couldn't hold down water. I threw up in the street and in shops without warning blush and drove with a carrier bag in my lap just in case.

Pascha Mon 17-Oct-11 21:16:40

A constant vague nausea, mostly background, sometimes overwhelming, which only goes when the baby is born.

LoveInAColdGrave Mon 17-Oct-11 21:17:30

Should have specified 24 hour a day hangover.

babysaurus Mon 17-Oct-11 21:28:59

This has reiterated what I originally thought, it seems to vary hugely from person to person. I think a vague nausea is a good description to how I'm feeling too, Pascha.

My hangovers are so horrendous that the idea of feeling like that for months on end is unbearable!

mrsbabookaloo Mon 17-Oct-11 21:36:57

Fecking awful. The two darkest periods of my life.

mrsbabookaloo Mon 17-Oct-11 21:37:19

Every day a struggle from beginning to end.

AScatteringofPoorSardines Mon 17-Oct-11 21:37:25

Mind consuming nausea that made me want to crawl into a corner and curl up sobbing (with random and constantly changing snacks and a peg on my nose) controlling my every move until labour started.

Tinkerisdead Mon 17-Oct-11 21:40:03

I agree with that mrsB..the darkest periods of my life. Yep. What was worse was having the same feelings this time with DC2 whilst DD tried to force feed me weetabix or breathing quavers breath on me. hell. In fact I'd go as far to say that I can cope with labour better than morning sickness!

NinkyNonker Mon 17-Oct-11 21:49:51

The worst all day hangover.

Extreme car sickness, followed by the occasional actual vomit.

melliebobs Mon 17-Oct-11 21:55:14

The dull sense of feeling like your going to be sick. But not actually. And feeling starving at the same time

heymammy Mon 17-Oct-11 21:55:54

Constant, debilitating nausea all fecking day. Feeling <> this close to throwing up at any given moment and of course randomly actually vomiting. The way you feel when you have a stomach bug just before you vomit, but all the time.

It really is the worst thing I have ever experienced, I'd clearly forgotten how bad it was with dd2 as am currently 15 weeks with dc3 hmm <never again emoticon>

horMOANSnomore Mon 17-Oct-11 21:59:06

It was a long time ago, but I remember it clearly.

Not 'morning' and not sickness. Just an unrelenting hangover (without the headache) for about 3 or 4 months. Miserable, but joyous because it was a constant reminder that I was pregnant.

RedRubyBlue Mon 17-Oct-11 22:00:36

Oh and if a well meaning person mentions 'ginger biscuits' you want to smash their stupid face in and then throw up over their shoes.

openerofjars Mon 17-Oct-11 22:01:06

Like PMS on a hangover, with added dry heaves. I swear it wasn't like this last time. Constantly wondering what's going to set me off next. Not wanting food but feeling sick and ravenous at the same time. Fucking rubbish, basically.

pinkmagic1 Mon 17-Oct-11 22:02:39

Like feeling constantly and horribly seasick!

stainesmassif Mon 17-Oct-11 22:04:21

<snort> at red ruby. I bloody hate pregnancy.

PetisaPumpkinHead Mon 17-Oct-11 22:06:28

I only had mild morning sickness but both times it was like having too many beers the night before but not enough to have a full on hangover iyswim

notlettingthefearshow Mon 17-Oct-11 22:06:40

Agree with many others - 24/7 hangover.

For me I just had nausea in its purest form - not even the brief relief of being sick.

Anyone who found a cure for theirs (see above ginger biscuit post) did not have real morning sickness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now