Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ooh just lost my mucus plug!!

(4 Posts)
katherine2008 Mon 17-Oct-11 17:48:20

Sorry if tmi, but just lost my mucus plug - can't have been anything else. Am 36+4, but DD1 was born at 37+2 so am hoping that things might be on the move. But I have googled and I see that it can mean labour is imminent, or it can mean nothing at all...! Anyone have any experience after a show? My waters went last time and my contractions started pretty much immediately. Thank you!

WitchesBroomForMyChin Mon 17-Oct-11 17:52:45

Ooh exciting! My plug came out in bits, started on the Sunday and then I started having contractions on the Wednesday and then had a full show a few hours later an then had a baby the day after. Good luck if this is it!

cravingcake Mon 17-Oct-11 20:34:54

Very exciting! I lost mine on friday evening & posted on here almost identical thread smile. I am 37+5 today & still waiting for something more to happen. Been having lots of strong BH over last couple of days but no pattern to them. Saw MW today & head is 3/5th engaged so at least i know things are moving in right direction.

katherine2008 Mon 17-Oct-11 21:03:34

Ooh Craving - keep in touch. I've been having the odd contraction since but nothing much to report. Randomly I have a scan tomorrow as I had a low lying placenta, so I might pop in and see the midwife whilst I'm at the hospital. DH has gone into meltdown tonight and is having a flap - esp as my Mother is away til tomorrow afternoon! He suggested taking DD with us to hospital if we had to go tonight. I had to do a winner/cameron Calm Down Dear speech! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now