Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Belly Bands and Jeans- holding up?

(7 Posts)
onlinefriend Mon 17-Oct-11 12:02:07

Sorry if this is a daft question,
when you use a band does it hold the jeans up without them having to fasten underneath?
If so doesn't it make the zip etc press into your skin really hard?
I can't seem to understand how it can be strong enough to hold them up and yet not dig in. Can you trust them not to let your trousers fall down?
Or do you have to fasten the jeans with extenders underneath the band first?

mumtojandk Mon 17-Oct-11 12:31:56

No, the bump band will not hold your trousers up! I wear them primarily so I can wear my 'normal' (pre-pregnancy) tops without exposing my expanding middle!

In fact wearing one right now with a pair of 'below bump' (the jeans rest below my bump, around my hips) skinny jeans and a non-maternity top.

They also keep your middle warm when it's chilly out but you're too hot to wear layer upon layer due to baby radiator grin)

HotPinkGingham Mon 17-Oct-11 12:40:26

I wore mine with my jeans zipped as far as I could but the top button open, which gave me a few more weeks of wear. When I sat down my zip would go down a bit more so I always had to readjust when I stood up (not that attactive tbh). The day came when it was just unbearably uncomfortable and they dug in everywhere, and I knew it was time for maternity jeans!

In my experience they are good in very early pregnancy when you don't want your jeans to press uncomfortably, but as soon as your tummy really starts growing the band is pretty useless as an 'extender'.

I like the idea of using it as a bump warmer mumto - not thought of that!

onlinefriend Mon 17-Oct-11 12:53:18

Thanks for your replies, really helpful.
Didn't want to make an idiot out of myself by asking in the shop!
Can't wait for the baby radiator to kick in, i'm absolutely freezing all the time at the moment.

pollyhelene Sat 22-Oct-11 15:24:59

I found mine useless to be honest, might try it for warming me instead..

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Sat 22-Oct-11 17:20:26

I love my belly band, I'm 18 weeks and today have been wearing my pre pregnancy skinny jeans with a hair bobble looped around the button hole, and belly band on top. I'm hoping to spend as little as possible on maternity clothes this time, the only thing I am going to get is some longer vests from H and M as I wear vests under everything, and I know they'll come in useful as an extra layer for breastfeeding. I bought the smaller sized bump band as it's more snug, so will do a decent job of holding up my jeans. It was about £3 in the Topshop sale.

brettgirl2 Sun 23-Oct-11 14:06:47

I am 29 weeks and currently wearing a pair of 'normal' jeans (that are normally too big for me grin) with a hair band and a bump band. They are no worse for falling down than my maternity jeans AND more comfortable!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now