Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Those of you who have gone to hospital for reduced movements...

(13 Posts)
banana87 Sun 16-Oct-11 20:53:17

How long did you give it before you called movements 'reduced'?

Baby has been moving today. We have been out all day and I have noticed her moving as normal. However, in the evenings when I sit on the sofa she moves LOADS and she isn't. She is moving, just not as much as normal. I am 35 weeks Tues. Do I wait a couple of hours to determine movements are definitely not right or go in sooner?

sprinkles77 Sun 16-Oct-11 20:56:55

No. Go in this minute. The Midwifes will be happy to see you. However daft you might feel it's better than how you could feel later. My son's life was saved by me going in. My friend was not so lucky. I'm not trying to scare you, just please do it just in case. Please.

banana87 Sun 16-Oct-11 20:58:29

I'm privately consultant led. Do I phone him first then or labour ward? I'm probably being totally paranoid but I'd rather be paranoid than sorry.

NatashaBee Sun 16-Oct-11 21:00:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hayleysd Sun 16-Oct-11 21:01:30

Anything less than usual must be checked, better safe than sorry.

banana87 Sun 16-Oct-11 21:03:39

What can I expect? How long do they monitor you for? The thing is she IS moving, just not at the same rate as usual.

latrucha Sun 16-Oct-11 21:07:35

If you're worried, go. No one will mind.

Booboostoo Sun 16-Oct-11 21:18:18

I was in the same position as you, baby usually moved in the evenings but hadn't for 3 hours. I did go in, the MWs were lovely, I was put on a monitor for 30 mins, as luck would have it she moved as soon as the monitor came on and all was well. No one told me off for going, the MWs all said it was better to get checked out and I know that otherwise I would not have slept all night.

Go and set your mind at rest.

missnevermind Mon 17-Oct-11 00:23:53

Your baby has a pattern. You know that pattern. If she hasn't moved at a 'playtime' get it checked out. The baby will move once you relax knowing it is ok. They are little monkeys like that.

banana87 Mon 17-Oct-11 00:28:19

Just got home from labour ward smile

Baby of course started being hugely active when I was hooked up to the monitor and the dr and midwives were happy. Just one of those things I guess!

Shock is that baby is engaged. It's my second so was NOT expecting that this early. Fingers crossed it means labour is coming sooner rather than later!

Booboostoo Mon 17-Oct-11 06:40:47

Fantastic news and good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

sprinkles77 Mon 17-Oct-11 14:38:40

Great news. So pleased you had it checked out. Don't hesitate to do so again.

branson Mon 17-Oct-11 14:44:55

I waited hours. Its the biggest regret of my life but my baby was saved and is doing well now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now