Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feel like I'm getting fatter and fatter...

(19 Posts)
roz1982 Sun 16-Oct-11 20:08:55

Hi y'all. Rather superficial post I'm afraid but at a whisker off 36 weeks my god I'm feeling large!! Large all over. Massive bump, bum, boobs and general chest area iykwim, arms, massive dimply thighs just a bit of a horror show really. It feels like I can't control or stop it and haven't really felt like up til this week. I have no idea how much weight I've put on, m.w never weighs me and neither do I!! I don't think I'm eating excessively but my perception could very well be a bit off!! is it pointless worrying at this stage?? We're having a new kitchen fitted as well so really haven't been eating good at all as no cooking facilities?!!! X

cravingcake Sun 16-Oct-11 20:36:21

Know the feeling. Am 37+4 and feel massive. I would say its not worth worrying about now but maybe to help you feel bit better try to have some fruit or something healthy before tucking into cake & crisps smile

piprabbit Sun 16-Oct-11 20:45:30

You are pregnant, not fat.

Remove the F* word from your vocabulary until the baby is several months old.

roz1982 Sun 16-Oct-11 20:50:54

Yes good advice. Doesn't help that yesterday my sis greeted me by saying "hi fatty!" grrrr

piprabbit Sun 16-Oct-11 20:54:37

Next time try, "I'm pregnant, what's your excuse?".

roz1982 Sun 16-Oct-11 21:01:23

Yes - I made it clear that this was a wholly unacceptable greeting!! She should know better too she's battled weight issues for years!!!!

roz1982 Sun 16-Oct-11 21:03:49

And yes cravingcake, today I went to tesco and bought 5 jam doughnuts (only ate one though) a giant bar or choc, crisps AND... a melon!!! Heheh.

piprabbit Sun 16-Oct-11 21:07:33

I'd like to congratulate you on your great restraint. I would have eaten all 5 doughnuts grin and [sicky].

Fruit and carbs - well on your way to a balanced meal grin.

roz1982 Sun 16-Oct-11 21:11:39

Hhahaha!! Thanks piprabbit. AND today, my mum made a load of sandwiches for the men fitting our kitchen and WOULDN'T let me have one!!!!! Aren't people supposed to want to feed pregnant women up???

piprabbit Sun 16-Oct-11 21:18:11

Here, have a biscuit before you fade away completely.

roz1982 Sun 16-Oct-11 21:20:56

thanks I needed that!!

notlettingthefearshow Sun 16-Oct-11 21:45:53

I hear you! I'm 30 weeks and stopped weighing myself the day I could no longer see my feet.

cravingcake Sun 16-Oct-11 22:27:58

I think technically jam is made with fruit so thats good. If you opted for cream & jam doughnuts then you could argue that you need a bit more calcium grin

stripeybumpinthenight Sun 16-Oct-11 23:12:24

I feel the same - just massive! I had a lovely neat bump from 20-28 weeks, am now 31 and the size of a house! I'm feeling a bit shallow that it's actually upsetting me. So much for stylish long fitted tops over leggings to show off the bump - long baggy jumpers and maternity jeans from now on I think. I don't feel at all smart at work any more and can't afford any more maternity clothes.

roz1982 Mon 17-Oct-11 09:18:24

Yes I'm just glad I'm on maternity now, I can just wear stretchy pants and dh t shirts for the next four or five weeks!!

BedatHogwarts Mon 17-Oct-11 09:28:33

Well I've just ventured out to DS's nursery in my pyjamas, as none of my clothes fit comfortably anymore!! The rest of the time I'm in DP's clothes, which are the only tops which will stretch round my 40" girth!! I can't wear a bra as they are too annoying. So much for 'blooming in pregnancy' and the yummy mummy look!!!

roz1982 Mon 17-Oct-11 10:12:37

I know!! How do people achieve this look?? I can barely be bothered washing my hair at the moment, everything is such a bloody effort!!!! And clothes just don't fit!! Things either ride up constantly, or slouch down into a terrible baggy crotch!! No wonder we don't see preggo celebs in the last few weeks, they are hermits just like the rest of us!!!

cravingcake Mon 17-Oct-11 10:16:35

bedathogwarts my 'waist' is currently 47" shock

roz1982 Mon 17-Oct-11 10:28:17

I daren't measure mine, they made me do it at baby shower three weeks ago and it was 43. Definitely significantly bigger now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now