Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When do they decide C-section or not?

(8 Posts)
stripeybumpinthenight Sun 16-Oct-11 17:41:57

So I'm 31 weeks, and baby is breech and has been since 20wks. When do they decide baby isn't going to turn, and it needs to be a C-section?

I have a condition called an amniotic sheet which means part of my uterus is blocked off, so baby has less room than normal to wriggle about. I have an extra scan at 33 weeks to check it hasn't affected the baby - I'm pretty sure all's fine as I can feel lots of kicks low down and stretching, pushing his head against my right rib (he can't get near my left rib due to restricted space).

Anyone got any idea of likelihood of C-section? Would be convenient as bit scared of labour DH needs to book time off soon.

thejaffacakesareonme Sun 16-Oct-11 18:46:58

I had an elective for a breech baby. It was booked at 38 weeks for 39 weeks. I think they wanted to leave it as late as possible on the off chance that he'd turn.

WeLoveHaribo Sun 16-Oct-11 19:08:37

My 1st was transverse lie until 36 week but turned at 37, werent considering section until 38wk.
Hope bubs turns.

IssyStark Sun 16-Oct-11 21:02:14

I'm 32w and baby has been breach since they could tell (although I pretty sure it is transverse sometimes as well). My MW said they'd check by u/s at 35w and try turning a week or so later but wouldn't book a section until my 38 check.

Chynah Sun 16-Oct-11 21:34:12

DD turned at 35 weeks - felt horrible!!!

stripeybumpinthenight Sun 16-Oct-11 21:46:09

Ooh Chynah what does it feel like when he turns?

harrygracejessica Sun 16-Oct-11 21:48:56

One of my twins turned at 33 weeks and I never knew lol. I imagine they wont book you in until your 38 weeks for a 39 week delivery then if you go into labour you just get took through sooner.

Chynah Mon 17-Oct-11 20:22:24

Stripey - felt like my whole stomach lurched and turned (not painful just a little unpleasant!) just pressure and you could see bump shifting massively!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now