Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

short cervix length(3.9) at 13 week..

(6 Posts)
angelarrive Sun 16-Oct-11 15:46:19

my ultrasound had revealed that i have a short cervix of about 309 and i m just 13 weel 5 days now... my OB gave me suprox-SR .. i m really scared about my baby... being first time mother i dont know what to do or what not to do ? please sugest me me what precautions should i take or how to lengthend my cervix ??

Mmmmcheese Sun 16-Oct-11 16:37:20

3.9mm isn't short. Shortis counted as anything below 2.5mm so I am surprised that the dr told you it was short. What is suprox-SR?

angelarrive Mon 17-Oct-11 15:58:50

suprox - SR is tab to relax uterine muscle for preventing preterm labour caused due to incompetent or short cervix...as pregnancy progress .. cervix become shorter and shorter .. and 3.9 at 13 week means it can cum to below 2.2 when fetus start growing. dats y my ob is concerned..

CombineArvester Mon 17-Oct-11 16:06:39

Not short. In the UK cervix not considered short at any time in pg unless below 2.5.cm

In pg2 mine was hovering around the 3cm mark at 13 weeks and it stayed there, reached the heady heights of 3.2cm at one point (woo!) and dropped to 2.9cm at another point. Stopped measuring at 24 weeks iirc. If it had dropped to 2.5cm I would have been given some sort of pessaries (progesterone) or they may have considered a stitch.

Cervix is dynamic, can go longer as well as shorter. Funnelling v important too, mine never funnelled at any point though obviously shorter than 'normal', never insufficient.

Is it 3.9cm or 3.09cm? Big difference. If its 3.9cm you're nearly average (I think average at that stage is 4 or 5 cm I could be wrong smile )

Personally I'm not sure why your doctor is worried, are you in a different country where they have a different definition of insufficient cervix?

Methe Mon 17-Oct-11 16:09:59

Not short at all. Don't worry about it smile

angelarrive Fri 21-Oct-11 11:43:23

its 3 .09 cm..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now