Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

16+4 - movement or not??

(7 Posts)
twojumpingbeans Sat 15-Oct-11 19:05:28

Hi there

I am 16 plus 4 today with DC2, last night I could have sworn I felt some movements sat on sofa, today nothing. So now am thinking maybe they were trumps - saw the midwife earlier in the week and heard the heartbeat and she said not to worry about it yet, sometime between 18 and 22 weeks is apparently the norm.. I really thought I felt something yesterday and am now super paranoid that I haven't today..

Sorry for the whinge!! I just thought it was sooner with your second? So, really what I'm asking is, those of you lovely ladies pregnant with their second - did you feel movement a lot earlier?

TIA

ciwi Sat 15-Oct-11 19:30:02

Hi, I am 18+1 today and have only started feeling proper consistent movement in the last couple of days. I have felt movement before this but it has been off and on and often nothing for a couple of days. I was worried too but I now think it's just normal. Its not necessarily the case that you feel the baby earlier second time round it can depend on many things including the position of the placenta etc. I also think at first they have to be pretty big movements for you to be able to feel them but as baby gets bigger you can feel smaller movements and so feel them more often if that makes sense. Hope that helps x

ciwi Sat 15-Oct-11 19:31:32

Oh and I felt movement with my first at 19weeks so not much earlier this time x

twojumpingbeans Sat 15-Oct-11 19:46:42

Thank you smile. It's very reassuring to hear.. I'm such a worrier! My midwife was lovely and said I could go to drop in clinics to hear the heartbeat again so if I haven't felt anything in a couple of weeks then I think that's what I'll do. Although - the other day she did say of she couldn't find a heartbeat before 21 weeks then they wouldn't do anything, no scan, nothing. I'm pretty sure this is different from when I had DD 4 years ago..?

Thanks again

feekerry Sat 15-Oct-11 20:13:55

I'm 18 weeks with first and pops and pokes just becoming a bit more frequent. Before that I did feel some movement but only every few days. def Not every day. Its amazing tho isn't it!x

Allboxedin Sat 15-Oct-11 20:24:00

I felt dc1 at about 18 weeks properly and with dc2 at after 20 weeks so it doesnt always follow, certainly wouldn't get paranoid at this stage.

Allboxedin Sat 15-Oct-11 20:24:54

They often don't listen to the heartbeat now before about 26 weeks btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now