Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I go bowling?

(16 Posts)
MrsRV Sat 15-Oct-11 08:43:58

Am 19 weeks, booked to go bowling with work, not giving it a second thought really until someone told me that she wasn't allowed to bowl when 7 months...??

LoveInAColdGrave Sat 15-Oct-11 08:47:36

I would have done without thinking about it, but why not call midwife to check?

WeLoveHaribo Sat 15-Oct-11 09:00:45

I hav done throu both pregnancies. I've not lifted a heavy ball or put much swing into throwing it!!! Xx

AlpinePony Sat 15-Oct-11 13:36:56

I think it's illegal if you're pregnant.

Bue Sat 15-Oct-11 14:23:53

Is there anything pregnant women are allowed to do these days without unnecessary worrying?

Good heavens, go bowling!

whackamole Sat 15-Oct-11 15:23:13

Why on earth would you not? What could possibly happen?

smartyparts Sat 15-Oct-11 15:25:23

grin

Go bowling!!

kiki22 Sun 16-Oct-11 00:34:02

i think they would only advise you not to if you had something like spd, just make sure your balls not heavy or ask for one of those things kids get to push there ball down smile

Snowgirl1 Sun 16-Oct-11 08:25:36

I'm 30 weeks and am going bowling with work colleagues this week.

MrsJRT Sun 16-Oct-11 08:28:51

illegal AlpinePony?

OP, just be careful and take precautions as you do with anything when you are pregnant, be careful not to pull any muscles or strain anything. Otherwise go off and enjoy yourself.

KatAndKit Sun 16-Oct-11 11:22:18

illegal!! It wouldn't surprise me if the bowling alley decided not to allow it on grounds of elf n safety but I doubt it is harmful.

AlpinePony Sun 16-Oct-11 11:44:57

Yes, it's illegal. Along with carrying cakes, using hand cream and m&s risottos. sad

KatAndKit Sun 16-Oct-11 11:52:39

Risotto! whatever next? A woman on a different website was asking if it was ok that she had eaten both yoghurt and Muller rice. I was not in the mood for the usual are you bonkers response but i did have a nice laugh.

And I bet the bowling alley would refuse a heavily pregnant woman in this ridiculous day and age.

What is wrong with the risotto? I had risotto for tea last week and am now really worried about my baby! (not bothered about the medium steak I had last night though....)

AlpinePony Sun 16-Oct-11 11:59:23

The microwave m&s risotto meal listed 'red wine' as one of the ingredients. As someone pointed out, we've yet to see hoodies adding it to their list of contraband.

There was someone who thought she'd damaged her baybee by having a shouting match with her husband.

LoveInAColdGrave Sun 16-Oct-11 17:17:23

I liked the woman who was angsting over having eaten mayonnaise in a cheap cafe on the basis that they were clearly bound to have handmade it...

KatAndKit Sun 16-Oct-11 18:25:22

I had to tell some people that it didn't matter that a non alcoholic drink had 0.005% alcohol on the label, that a pregnant woman still has a liver in any case, and it would take about ten thousand of these drinks to get drunk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now