Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bit gross but i've lost my mucus plug

(19 Posts)
cravingcake Sat 15-Oct-11 06:39:15

Sorry straight away as this may be TMI! So yesterday evening i lost my mucus plug, loads of clear jelly like gloopy snot would be the only way i can describe it.

I'm 37+3 so am more than happy for baby to arrive anytime.

I'm wondering how long it was after you lost your plug to when your LO arrived? not that i'm getting my hopes up

Witchofthenorth Sat 15-Oct-11 06:45:02

Ooh how exciting! I only noticed my plug had one with my first......it was about 12 hours after losing the plug that he came. With number 2 and 3 I don't actually recall losing it confused.

Best of luck though and fingers crossed for you smile

MrsMills Sat 15-Oct-11 06:45:14

With ds1 and ds2 I didn't lose it until I was well into established labour. With dd it went a few minutes before my waters did, labour started about 18 hours later. So unfortunately there's no way if knowing.

But it's still v exciting! Good luck and I hope you don't haveto wait too long.

mousebacon Sat 15-Oct-11 08:40:40

I lost mine on the Friday, was niggling on but still had a sweep on the Sunday but that definitely did the trick! Was in established labour by 6pm Sunday. Good luck!

PS. Don't worry if you see blood it's normal but do let the ward know x

MixedBerries Sat 15-Oct-11 11:12:28

Lost my plug 2 weeks ago today. I'm now 41 + 2 and still waiting! sad

MixedBerries Sat 15-Oct-11 11:19:01

Forgot to say....good luck! (But don't beat me to it)!!

MamaMaiasaura Sat 15-Oct-11 11:39:00

I lost mine on Thursday. Large amount of snot like mucus. Am 39 weeks now. Still niggling but not strong ctx yet.

cravingcake Sat 15-Oct-11 12:26:40

Ooohhh, could be just round the corner (fingers crossed), or another couple of weeks - which I suppose isnt too bad. Its just the thought of potentially almost 5 more weeks of this is hard. It's nice to know that it hopefully shouldnt be too far away, and at least things are moving in the right direction.

MixedBerries, hope your little one arrives soon!
and Awen, that you are not far behind!

feelingratheroverwhelmed Sat 15-Oct-11 14:01:36

Mine started to come away last wednesday, and I'm still loosing bits of it now (lovely!) and I'm still pg (38+6). Have had a couple of false alarms, and get painful braxton hicks most nights, but no real sign yet. Am booked in for an ELCS on Thur so I've only got five days to go at the most, thankfully.
Hope you're is quick though smile

tigercametotea Sat 15-Oct-11 14:11:45

I lost my mucus plug a few weeks before birth of DC1 and with the other two, I think I lost it closer to the actual birth. Anyway it won't be long to go now for you!

brianmayshair Sat 15-Oct-11 15:28:31

Lost mine 1 week ago but am only 33 weeks so in no rush. Was about 3 weeks before babies arrived both times before so for me no indication that labour is near.

mumblejumble Sat 15-Oct-11 20:45:08

I have been losing mine bit by bit for a few weeks, and it has changed to brownish and red.
I haven't finished packing my bag yet.
Also have a heavy heavy cold.
I want to go into labour, but also don't because feel so snotty

mumblejumble Sat 15-Oct-11 20:45:34

Am 37 + 4, btw.
smile

cravingcake Sun 16-Oct-11 10:22:05

Mumble i really hope your cold clears up quickly, can imagine that would be just horrible.

I'm still the same, little bit more of show & only other sign so far is stronger braxton hicks (which isnt really a sign).

cravingcake Thu 20-Oct-11 14:57:03

Just a little update, my waters have gone this morning and contractions have started but not yet regular so baby is on its way smile

Savannahrose Thu 20-Oct-11 14:59:36

Congrats!!! I'll keep an eye on your thread...good luck xx

Wigeon Thu 20-Oct-11 15:01:04

DD1 - two days

DD2 - about 2 or 3 hours.

Congratulations on the contractions! How exciting! grin

Witchofthenorth Thu 20-Oct-11 17:25:02

ooooooh exciting!!!! <squeals with joy>

mumblejumble Thu 20-Oct-11 18:34:45

Good luck Cravingcake!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now