Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby movements in last week - opinions pls

(5 Posts)
Beesok Sat 15-Oct-11 05:32:48

Hi to anyone who's suffering from sleepless nights too smile I am 39+5 today and baby has been super active for the past couple of hours - def. more active than usual: she is wriggling around a lot and feels like an octopus poking from all angles confused
They're not sudden or jerky movements and I texted my MW at 2:00am explaining it - she said it sounds fine and not to worry.
I woke up a while ago and can't sleep - baby is active again and am getting strong tightenings (Braxton Hicks?) not painful just uncomfortable - baby still wriggling intensely...
Any thoughts? Anyone had similar experiences so close to due date?

BedatHogwarts Sat 15-Oct-11 10:00:26

I'm nearly 39 weeks and baby has been doing a lot of stretching, like it's bracing itself and pushing up and down simultaneously. Also big movements that can be seen from across the room, but less of the foot and finger movements. It's difficult to tell what is baby movement and what is Braxton Hicks, or whether early labour is starting! confused

Completely different to last time when the discomfort was a rotating sensation on my cervix, and pushing under my ribs.

I'd say your baby is getting herself ready to come out - it must be strange for them when their nice comfy womb starts randomly contracting, especially as there is virtually no room to move in there at the best of times!! smile

Mondayschild78 Sat 15-Oct-11 10:36:43

Hi Beesok, I have the same due date as you smile and have been experiencing very similar movements in the last few days, it was surprising to me as quite different to how it has been. I've also had some strong tightenings and feelings in my lower back. I think it's all good, nothing to worry about! Good luck with everything

Beesok Sat 15-Oct-11 19:52:53

Hi Bed and Monday thanks for sharing your experiences - seems like we're getting there and LOs are getting a bit uncomfortable smile

I was a bit surprised/worried just because she wasn't really that much of a mover throughout the pregnancy but I guess she's seriously not enjoying the cramped quarters anymore!

Hopefully, I won't go too overdue as I am ready for the next step! Unfortunately, I can't seem to properly relax - always on the move doing one thing or the other and MW is saying I am not helping myself to get in the right frame for labour to begin so as of tomorrow I need to chill

Good luck to you both, hope it all goes quickly and smoothly and on time grin

Mondayschild78 Sun 16-Oct-11 11:05:34

Hiya yeah mine has been the same, not huge amounts of movement throughout pregnancy but the evening he was really moving around was after I'd been for a long walk so maybe that was part of it too.

Enjoy some chilled out time while you can, I need to do that too but find it hard to sit still.

Fingers crossed for our due date tomorrow! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now