Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is this normal??? please

(10 Posts)
mumt1 Fri 14-Oct-11 22:23:26

Hey, ok I'm a frequent poster!i Apologise.just find you all so helpful and my midwife doesn't EVER have her phone switched on. Literally past 4 weeks not once got through! Anyway... Long story short, I have been feeling very off. I am excessively thirsty day and night, I am very dizzy with headaches, and craving sweet stuff if that helps. Oh I am also extremely tired but that myt be because I just can't sleep! I was up at 3 this morning. 4 the morning before. I'm so drained. Sorry I am 12+2. I drink a lot of water so don't understand if I could be dehydrated, doubt that very much. Just rly want to know if it should be a concern?

LoopyLoopsPussInBoots Fri 14-Oct-11 22:25:13

Sounds normal to me.

FessaEst Fri 14-Oct-11 22:26:04

Go and see your GP! Just because you are pregnant, your MW isn't the only person you can see wigth health concerns. You could be fine, or there could be a problem - you need to make an appointment asap.

bramblina Fri 14-Oct-11 22:26:24

I think your blood volume increases by about 40% in pg so yes thirst is a major factor! I remember it well.
You will be tired- you are growing a person remember, and esp if you can't sleep.
Realx, and enjoy smile

TheDetective Fri 14-Oct-11 22:26:39

If you can't reach your community midwife, you should ring the maternity unit. At your gestation you should probably ring the gynae ward. But wherever you ring, they will put you through to the correct place. Or make a GP appointment for tomorrow.

TheDetective Fri 14-Oct-11 22:26:47

Or monday even!

thisisyesterday Fri 14-Oct-11 22:30:36

if yo're craving (and eating) sweet things then it could be a blood sugar problem... that would explain the dizzyness and headaches.

it's quite normal to have a really horrendously tired phase, so that's prob just normal too.

i would say make sure you eat proper meals, and have a couple of snacks during the day that aren't too high in sugar. and see if that heolps with the headaches and feeling dizzy.

but definitely, definitely ring the GP if you're feeling unwell or you think that something isn't quite right. trust your instincts. it's better that you're seen and you're fine

Tinsie Fri 14-Oct-11 22:35:44

I'm thinking blood sugar issues too. I'd make an appointment with your GP just to be on the safe side.

Pidgy Sat 15-Oct-11 08:27:01

Yes, definitely see a doctor....high blood sugar can make you REALLY thirsty as your body tries to 'dilute' the sugar....best to get it checked out -even if its nothing at least you can stop worrying.

silverangel Sat 15-Oct-11 21:47:26

I was sooo thirsty for whole pregnancy and in the beginning all I could eat was sugary things. Also very very light headed. Now have ten week old twinssmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now