Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

clearblue digital with conception indicator PLEASE HELP

(16 Posts)
shobbs Fri 14-Oct-11 20:18:04

Ok i first tested with these test on tuesday ( 10 days ago) it came up 1-2 weeks after 2 minutes, i took another test. 5 days later and it said 2-3 weeks again after 2 minutes, i took another one today 45 minutes after emptying my bladder and it still says 2-3 weeks after 1minute 30seconds should i be worried???????

It would make me 5 weeks today as i have 35 day cycles

I ovulated 19 days ago, on the 25th september and so worried im going to have a miscarraige even though my last experience was a chemical

TheOriginalFAB Fri 14-Oct-11 20:21:54

I don't understand what you are stressing about and why you are doing multiple tests confused.

Are you bleeding, in pain? Any reason to think you are going to miscarry?

cece Fri 14-Oct-11 20:24:14

step away from the tests grin

pinkytheshrinky Fri 14-Oct-11 20:26:05

yes you def pregnant,why are you still testing?

madness lays that way

shobbs Fri 14-Oct-11 20:26:37

Im worried that the test hasnt gone up to 3+ weeks on the test im having little niggles, nothing too painful just mild aches every now and again

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Fri 14-Oct-11 20:27:17

Yes stop doing tests - it will send you more loopy grin

cece Fri 14-Oct-11 20:27:33

stop testing you will drive yourself mad. HOnestly!

shobbs Fri 14-Oct-11 20:30:00

I really dont know why im testing just fearoing the worst we already have a 5 year old son and i guess im a born worrier, remember having sickness with him but being so long ago cant remember When it began, all i have it really tender swollen breasts ( nipples are reallyy tender sorry tmi) bloating and tiredness

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Fri 14-Oct-11 20:30:24

But it measures the hormones in your wee and that can increase at different rates for different people. That's why some woman get a bfp 5 days before a period is due and some 2 weeks.

It is always a worrying time I know, but normal period pains are normal, particularly if it is your first. Easier said than done but try and relax.

Unless you are bleeding, try not to worry. Doing more tests will just upset yourself and I don' think a doctor would do blood tests without there being a potential miscarriage - but I cyould be totaly wrong.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Fri 14-Oct-11 20:30:52

Sorry 2 weeks after

banana87 Fri 14-Oct-11 21:14:12

You tested after emptying your bladder? So weak urine is probably the cause of the lack of increase. Try with FMU tomorrow but seriously, CBD's are the root of all evil.

ciwi Fri 14-Oct-11 21:59:01

Totally agree with banana, conception indicators are evil, they only cause you to obsess and are not even that reliable. Stop donating money to clear blue and try and relax. I know its hard, believe me but they really won't help in telling you if you are likely to miscarry or not. Congratulations on your pregnancy, you will most likely be fine x

HayleySexiWeestains Fri 14-Oct-11 23:50:21

Iirc digital pg tests indicate how many weeks post conception you are, rather than the traditional working out how many weeks since lmp. So if you are 5 weeks since your last period 2-3 since conception seems about right?

ReadySteadyDrink Sat 15-Oct-11 08:28:45

I had this same problem (but was CB indicated more weeks than I thought I was). I am normally a fairly sane person, but became a bit loopy...

I started a post about it (am I having twins, am I further along...etc.) the best advice I was given was that the conception indicator is unreliable and therefore "step away from the sticks!". Fantastic advice. I advise you to do the same. If you and I had used a simpler test, it would have just said "pregnant" and that would have been that!

shobbs Sat 15-Oct-11 08:38:27

I remember with my son i took the digital pregnany/ not pregnant, it came up Pregnant and that was that, this time im in proper fear mode, i havent told anyone yet not even parents yet i dont want to start getting excited,
readysteadydrink what did the indicator tell you you were and what infact were you?

ReadySteadyDrink Sat 15-Oct-11 16:57:08

Hi shobbs,
With my first pregnancy I didn't even calculate how many weeks I was when I took the test. This time round I was using a period app, so knew exactly how far along I was/should be.

I tested on Monday. I was 4 weeks, according to LMP, so it should have said 1-2, or 2-3 weeks. But it said 3+?! Which made me more than 5 weeks pregnant. I also didn't use the first wee of the day, so it shouldn't have given such a strong signal.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it (funny how it's easier to give advice than receive it grin).

Anyway from your OP, I think you're weeks might make sense for a few reasons:

1) if you use the lower end of the range: first time you tested you were 1 week (CB said 1-2), 5 days later you were 2 weeks pregnant (CB said 2-3 weeks), 5 days later again, you were 3 weeks pregnant (CB said 2-3 weeks). 3 weeks pregnant means since ovulation, which calculates as 5 weeks pregnant, which corresponds to your ovulation date.

2) As it was only 5 days between the 2nd and last test, maybe it didn't register 3 weeks, because you weren't a week further along. Maybe if you test again next Wednesday (i.e. 2 weeks since the first test), you would be 3+. I don't recommend re-testing as it might just make you go loopy if the number haven't changed!

3) And finally, if you hadn't done the middle test, then you're first test would have said 1-2 weeks, then just over a week later, you'd have tested at 2-3 weeks - which is correct.

HTH smile

Sorry for the long reply!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now