Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Irritable uterus - at what gestation did you eventually give birth?

(11 Posts)
outthere Fri 14-Oct-11 13:02:05

I had an irritable uterus with my last pregnacy (contractions every 2-3 mins every evening lasting for 2 hours or more) and went into early labour at 33 weeks, however there were other complications too which I'm pretty sure were contributing factors.

Currently at the same gestation and again seem to have an irritable uterus exactly like last time. No other complications though so hoping it might turn out differently this time.

I'm not sure if my irritable uterus was to blame for my preterm labour or whether it was down to the other complications...

For those of you who had an irritable uterus from the beginning of the third trimester: what gestation did you finally give birth? And how did that labour actually start?

MixedBerries Fri 14-Oct-11 13:13:19

Irritable uterus here. Was even admitted for a couple of days with bleeding 2 weeks ago. I'm now 41 weeks and 1 day and going for my third sweep in half an hour! So I guess whilst an irritable uterus can be pretty annoying and uncomfortable and worrying, it doesn't guarantee a premature or even early labour. Good luck and hope there are some other positive stories out there to put you at ease!

MixedBerries Fri 14-Oct-11 13:16:01

I'd also add that neither my midwife nor consultant ever said that having IU was a major risk of preterm labour. But I don't know the status of any clinical research in this area.

outthere Fri 14-Oct-11 13:19:51

Thanks MixedBerries - really reassuring to know that I could easily go full term (although 41 weeks is a bit too full term for my liking!) grin

From what I understand there is a distinct lack of clinical evidence for IU... I think it's only just really being recognised but great to hear that they don't think it's a major factor in preterm delivery smile

outthere Fri 14-Oct-11 13:20:20

Meant to say good luck for everything, hope you drop soon! So exciting... smile

MixedBerries Fri 14-Oct-11 13:22:56

Thank you! Good luck to you too....smile

Savannahrose Fri 14-Oct-11 13:51:27

Hey

I had an irritable uterus in the 3rd trimester was in and out of hospital 12 times before finally giving birth at 35 weeks and 2 days. I went into labour at 34 weeks with my waters just breaking but contracting every 3 minutes before hand. That was 5 months ago and I am now 15 weeks pregnant again! X

outthere Fri 14-Oct-11 14:17:29

Hi Savannahrose - hope you have an easier pregnancy this time around. Did you have any other complications that landed you in hospital or was it purely because you had regular contractions? Were they painful or just Braxton Hicks type? And how was your little one when they were born?

Sorry for all the questions...hope you don't mind! blush

Savannahrose Fri 14-Oct-11 15:25:06

Well I had a suspected water loss at 29 weeks, and extra scans due to baby's growth as I didn't gain weight. At 18 weeks I weighted 7.5 stone!

Africagirl1 Fri 14-Oct-11 16:09:29

I had same with my last pregnancy and eventually gave birth at 35 weeks. This time have not had an irritable uterus and am currently 38 weeks (and secretly wish this baby had come early too!)

outthere Fri 14-Oct-11 16:16:31

Africagirl - How irritable was your uterus? I'm finding that some evenings/days are worse than others this time but last time it was literally every evening... how was your 35 weeker when he/she was born? Hope you drop soon too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now