Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

echinecea

(6 Posts)
GirlWithTheMouseyHair Fri 14-Oct-11 10:54:14

Says on the box not to use in pregnancy and while breastfeeding, local health shop, herbalist and yoga teacher say its fine. Thoughts?

MrsHuxtable Fri 14-Oct-11 11:02:30

I also seem to remember not to use it and that I was disappointed. I don't know why though.

lovemysleep Fri 14-Oct-11 11:08:53

I wouldn't - your immune system is being suppressed by pg, so surely it would be unadvisable to take something that is supposed to improve it?

But, I had immune system issues that caused me to have miscarriages, so I would have been extra cautious.

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Fri 14-Oct-11 18:55:57

really confused, my midwife said if the herbalists said it's fine then it's fine. Outside the box it says seek medical advice if pregnant, inside it says don't use...

sevensevenseven Fri 14-Oct-11 23:30:24

Results of study into the use of echinacea in pregnancy here

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Sat 15-Oct-11 07:38:55

That's quite useful, thanks. I have an awful cough that's getting worse and have been recommended Echinacea and manuka honey. Midwife seems happy enough and I'm 34weeks so think i'll go with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now