Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Menu for pregnant guest help!

(8 Posts)
fraktious Fri 14-Oct-11 06:23:54

I should know better but if you were served this:

Sesame beef and mushroom with stir fried noodles, broccoli, carrot, chinese greens, baby corn and mange tout with garlic and black pepper sauce

Would it be okay?

I should know this as DS is only 6mo but I'm useless at remembering what you are and aren't supposed to eat and I really don't want to offend!

cookie9 Fri 14-Oct-11 06:41:13

Sounds great to me. It's more shellfish, pate, soft eggs and runny cheeses you are advised to avoid. If making chocolate mouse for desert then that might be a problem as contains raw egg.

foolserrand Fri 14-Oct-11 06:45:19

The dietary no nos come from pregnancy weakening the immune system. So just consider things that can carry bugs (salmonella in raw egg, for example). Stay away from those things and you'll be fine.

HotPinkGingham Fri 14-Oct-11 08:46:10

As long as the beef is cooked through then there's no issue. It depends how pregnant they are though I guess and how well they've been, at 17 weeks I'm still feeling meat averse and not sure I could manage black pepper sauce (heartburn!). Do you know them well enough to ask what they're eating ATM?

If not, don't worry, it sounds lovely - like the rest of us she'll have to get on with it!

ShowOfHands Fri 14-Oct-11 08:48:10

Unfortunately there are a couple of things in there that she can't have.

You'll have to invite me round instead. I'm not pg. I can eat all of it. Double portions if you please.

bigmacandhappymeal Fri 14-Oct-11 08:59:16

<wipes drool from chin>

wompoopigeon Fri 14-Oct-11 09:10:46

I'm pg. It sounds delicious.
Don't forget the pudding. Very important to many pg women!!

DejaWho Fri 14-Oct-11 11:37:38

Take the mushrooms out, bag it up and I'll have it... I'm craving meat like something ridiculous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now