Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Post birth internet shop - what have I forgotton?

(8 Posts)
TheMummyAbroad Fri 14-Oct-11 01:52:42

I am making a list of special treats to include in my first post birth internet delivery,

so far I have got:

brie
cheese biscuits
chocolate grin
bottle of wine (optimisitc, last time round sleep deprivation stopped me from drinking for months!)
mini packets of dried fruit and nuts

and in the essentials category:
paracetomol
nappies
wipes

err.... and now I am stuck! Ideas please....

cookie9 Fri 14-Oct-11 06:39:01

Lavender oil to help you heal?

Nail varnish you can use to paint your toes now that you can see them again.

Clairns beauty flash balm. Only takes a few minutes and help boost your complexion.

I got some Root Touch up in case can't make it to hairdressers as only takes 10 minutes and means I don't look too bad when we have visitors.

BeeBopBunny Fri 14-Oct-11 08:41:40

Ear defenders wink

Franchini Fri 14-Oct-11 09:39:27

Pate - yummy

A friend reccomends witch hazel to use on maternity pads to help healing - not sure but I have bought a bottle!

Snacks to eat when breastfeeding?

TheMummyAbroad Fri 14-Oct-11 14:16:01

Thanks ladies, all great ideas, I have quite a few of these already.

I am trying to think of more breastfeeding snacks and drinks but cant get passed chocolate and cheese... <still craving stuff>

I love the beauty tips too, will be optimisitic and imagine I will have time for toe nail painting and slip a bottle in. smile

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Fri 14-Oct-11 19:03:21

ready meals?!

Think I only ate chocolate and bread and butter for the first few weeks last time but this time will def be adding:
whisky
pate
brie, goats' cheese, blue cheese etc etc in the cheese dept
wine
champagne
oysters
sushi

sod healthy snacks, I want everything I haven't been able to eat the last 9months! Although did just buy some bigger-than-pint glasses, remember needing a hell of a lot of water when breastfeeding.

baby stuff:
nappies
infacol
nappy cream
er....what else do newborns need?!

pruney1977 Fri 14-Oct-11 21:05:22

This is my first pregnancy but I'm already thinking the first meal I can't wait to eat is a really bloody steak with a runny fried egg! Odd combo but I miss both so much. Accidentally ate some brie in the first trimester as it was added to a dish at a restaurant and I forgot I couldn't eat it. Cue stomach cramps and horrendous feelings of guilt but bubs is still cooking away so must have gotten away with it smile Anyway, they still eat brie in pregnancy in France so I suppose it depends where you are

okiecokie Fri 14-Oct-11 22:04:30

My favourite article here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now