Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First scan over and feeling somewhat relieved.

(7 Posts)
ChineapplePunk Thu 13-Oct-11 15:11:16

Had my 12 weeks scan today, and couldn't believe it when I actually saw the little critter jumping about. It gave us a wave and was sucking it's thumb. smile

I have been a bit concerned because I will be 41 when the baby comes and have been focussing on all the negatives of advanced maternal age. I know it's not a definitive test, and that there are other factors to consider, but the nuchal fold measurement was 1.1 mm. This made me feel less panicky about everything. I will receive the official results by letter regarding combined blood tests and NF screening in a couple of weeks. I can at least relax (slightly) until then. Just another hurdle to jump over........

bigmacandhappymeal Thu 13-Oct-11 15:13:33

Fabulous news! Congrats on a great scan smile

ChineapplePunk Thu 13-Oct-11 15:39:04

Thanks bigmac. smile

Hotpotpie Thu 13-Oct-11 15:56:25

Congratulations smile its a wonderful feeling

GuillotinedMaryLacey Thu 13-Oct-11 16:01:13

Congratulations smile Enjoy the next 6 weeks or so until panic about the anomaly scan sets in wink smile

ToriaPumpkinLantern Thu 13-Oct-11 17:57:22

Congratulations smile

Oeisha Thu 13-Oct-11 18:32:24

Congratulations! Ace isn't it! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now