Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nausea as sign of labor?

(6 Posts)
Roseflower Wed 12-Oct-11 18:54:55

40 + 5

I have the sudden awful nausea that I had in early pregnancy return today.

DH called the antenatal ward and midwife said likely it's hormones getting ready kick start labour.

Anyone else had this?

twogirls1more Wed 12-Oct-11 19:05:22

I'm getting the same.. (along with a bit of a show, off food, hot flushes, v strong BH's, loose bowels, exhaustion..etc etc..) though am still just 35wks! Driving me nuts as have feeling I could be in for a pre-labour lasting wks like I had last pregnancy! Would think as ur over due date that ur bod now means business and if I were u would be expecting things to happen vv soon! Good luck! smile

Roseflower Wed 12-Oct-11 19:33:58

Thanks!
I think I had a very small show yesterday, but wasn't that sure as it was just clear

I have had lots of practice contractions for a whole month but as soon as it hit due date they stopped- so frustrating.

Is hot flushes also a sign- Im getting that loads?

This is dc2 but I was induced early with dc1 so never got to experience any of this...

morethemerrier Wed 12-Oct-11 20:00:42

I had a very expensive meal 40+10 with DS2 and threw it up before going into labour within hours!

That was the first sign for me,same happened with DD along with clear out!

Good luck grin

Roseflower Wed 12-Oct-11 20:20:06

Ohh, more so only a few hours later it was all happening...

Part of me is excited and hopes it really is a sign, the other half thinks I really don't feel like going into labour feeling this sick!

morethemerrier Thu 13-Oct-11 12:27:33

Hi Rose, how are you feeling today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now