Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm 38+1 and it's a full moon tonight...

(28 Posts)
BikeRunSki Wed 12-Oct-11 16:41:26

DS came on a full moon at 38+4.
What's the chances of a midnight dash to the hospital then?

BikeRunSki Wed 12-Oct-11 18:14:08

No one want to speculate with me then?

MissusTulip Wed 12-Oct-11 18:25:57

38 +2 here and wondering (hoping) the same thing (tho for me ovs!!!) grin. Fingers crossed for at least one of us bike... <chugs raspberry leaf tea and continues wishful thinking>

BikeRunSki Wed 12-Oct-11 18:28:02

Oooh, I'd forgotten about Raspberry leaf tea.
Good luck Tulip

MixedBerries Wed 12-Oct-11 18:34:08

Would be wonderful! I'm 40 +6 today. Good luck everyone (although, as a scientist and rational thinker, I don't hold out too many hopes)!

BikeRunSki Wed 12-Oct-11 18:37:43

yey, well i am a scientist too, berries but getting a bit fed up, not quite as fed up as you must be though!

MixedBerries Wed 12-Oct-11 18:41:43

To be honest, science, evidence and rationality have gone out the window this week and I'm trying anything and everything!

NoodieRoodie Wed 12-Oct-11 18:43:01

I'm 38+4, I'll crack open the pineapple and start bouncing on the ball!

SinicalSal Wed 12-Oct-11 18:45:14

Just to pour cold water over you all - but I was almost term the same as you an d had to wait til the following full moon - hope it's different for you though!

Mimatchin Wed 12-Oct-11 18:48:46

Scientist too but come on I am 40+3 and I'AM FED UP seriously!!! Nothing works not even the very long 2 hours walk I've done this morning when I woke up sad I am on ML for nearly a month everything is ready/tidied/freezed. I am so bored...

ToriaPumpkinLantern Wed 12-Oct-11 18:50:34

I'm 37+6 and also hoping (and chugging the RLT) fingers crossed for at least one of us!

MissusTulip Wed 12-Oct-11 19:19:57

urgh raspberry leaf tea reflux isn't very nice!!! Have been having BH since lunchtime tho and haven't noticed much difference so far...

I also know there is no scientific evidence that the full moon will make me pop berries and even more shamefully, some of my hopes are based on my sunday times style mag horoscope that both me and DH's lives will be different after Wed's full moon (so helpfully vague!!!). Oh the shame blush

oh sinicalsal don't remind me how long I could still potentially have to go, felt v sad making 40 week mw appointment today...

I'm now looking forward to hearing about at least one full moon baby tomorrow (or the day after depending when lucky person can be arsed to post after the happy event!) - good luck everyone!!!

<resumes trying to categorise imaginary symptoms as labour signs eg trickling feeling in ladygarden as waters breaking and not just unrelated trickling feeling>

Beesok Wed 12-Oct-11 19:25:45

Can I join the club? I'm 39+3 today and was thinking 11.10.11 would have been a nice birthday date blush no luck sadly ;)

At this point she might as well come on her due date (Monday) as I have a hair appt on Friday and plans for the wkd hehehehe

lovemybabyboy Wed 12-Oct-11 19:41:56

I am 38+4 today and feel like baby might arrive soon....didnt know its a full moon tonight though!!!
Its my sister's birthday today and my other sister's birthday tomorrow....they might not be too happy if they have to share birthdays! hehehe!! smile

TMI alert...........twice today when I went to the loo, I had a small amount of snotty discharge with a pinkish streak through it....was thinking it might be the start of a show (wishfull thinking!!!) but I have been having worse lower back ache and not period cramps exactly but this kind of ache that i get in lower abdo coming up to starting AF....but that has been over the last week.

I want baby out now but at the same time I could do with another week of being pregnant because my son has started at nursery this week but i have to go with him everyday for a gradual admission, after this week he will go every thurs and fri afternoons....so next week would be more convenient!!! hahaha!!! grin

lollystix Wed 12-Oct-11 19:43:39

Hello - glad a full moon - didn't know but means it will be mental in labour ward. Been having pain and random contractions for 24 hours (38+3 with no.4)- just want to get the show on the road now - here's hoping.

Mondayschild78 Wed 12-Oct-11 20:19:35

Hello can I join too? I'm 39+3 today <waves at Beesok>

I didn't know of the full moon theory but I'm certainly not surprised. Been for a looong walk today in the hope it might do something and a kind friend pumped up my yoga ball for me as it was a bit flat blush so been doing some bouncing

Hope to hear of lots of full moon births grin

Ireneiswaiting Wed 12-Oct-11 20:23:59

38+3 and doubt anything will happen. Don't fancy howling at the moon tbh, would rather wait.

Mondayschild78 Thu 13-Oct-11 10:59:09

Soooooo any news anyone?!

MixedBerries Thu 13-Oct-11 11:51:37

No baby here. 41 weeks today! Anyone else?

ToriaPumpkinLantern Thu 13-Oct-11 12:37:51

Nothing here, lots of cramps this morning but they turned into a big fat nothing once again. Loads of funky CM though so praying this is going to turn into a show and not just be one more thing to ignore...

BikeRunSki Thu 13-Oct-11 15:56:49

Nothing here either.

Mimatchin Thu 13-Oct-11 21:45:51

Nothing here either turning 40+4

ToriaPumpkinLantern Fri 14-Oct-11 10:18:37

I had a rubbish night's sleep and my lower back is killing me today. I can be hopeful right? Especially as my ILs are on their way over and we're picking up a new car at 1pm <will even go as far as to say that waters breaking in the new car would be welcome>

BikeRunSki Fri 14-Oct-11 10:20:49

Waters will definitely break in new car!

I have a hire car at the mo whilst mine is being fixed and every tiem I get in I am hopeful!

Take a towel just incase

MW said mine was 1/5 engaged yesterday. Hope she does not retreat!

ToriaPumpkinLantern Fri 14-Oct-11 11:34:16

Well my mum's just called to ask if she can stay tonight as well. So that'll be MIL, FIL, BIL and DM. Bound to happen now!

<prepares towels for new car and checks toothbrush is in hospital bag>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now