Talk

Advanced search

Hi, I'm on vacation here for europe, and my boyfriend and I discovered...

(8 Posts)
Gabylela Wed 12-Oct-11 14:47:08

Hi, I'm on vacation here for europe, and my boyfriend and I discovered that I am 8 weeks pregnant. We have done an ultrasound first to see if everything was OK and we will do the second at 12 weeks. But my problem is that I've been sick, sore throat, cold, body aches ... I'm doing everything possible to get plenty of rest, drinking lots of tea (no caffeine of course). Only with food is difficult, because I can not eat due to nausea ... Anyway what I do,should I take medicine? Or you have other tips? Thanks for reading this long and boring text smile

wahwahwah Wed 12-Oct-11 14:50:56

Confratulations!

I was sicky when first pregnant - I caught every bug going and found that only bedrest and warm drinks worked. Try to find some food you can keep down - maybe plain digestive of rich tea biscuits? I lived on hula hoops when I was sick! You have to be careful about medecine - even herbal ones, so try to avoid these!

Thingiebob Wed 12-Oct-11 14:51:17

Do you have a cold? You can take paracetamol to ease aches and pains.
Ginger can help alleviate sickness.
Congratulations!

LaWeasel Wed 12-Oct-11 14:55:02

Hi Gabylela,

Are you able to eat anything at all? If you are not managing to eat or drink anything or only very little you need to see a doctor as you may have Hyperemesis which is serious and usually needs treatment. There is medication available for severe morning sickness. If you are in the UK, you will need to find a GP (general practitioner) and speak to them about getting an appointment.

If you can eat and drink but just find it difficult I would suggest just eating as much as you can as often as you can, don't worry about how healthy it is for now.

You could also go to a chemist and ask about pregnancy multi-vitamins if you're worried you're not managing to eat a balanced diet at the moment.

Good luck, and hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Gabylela Wed 12-Oct-11 15:07:57

Thank you all.

Look I even get to eat like toast, chicken, plain rice .. I will try to keep on this path ... I'm taking a lot of milk and chamomile tea with honey or even lemon tea.
Well I hope I improve in a week, because we gonna do a tour of italy .. and I want to eat ...grin

pregnantmimi Thu 13-Oct-11 07:36:34

I was in tunisa at 8 weeks feeling quite smug about having no morning sickness suddenly it came on stayed in bed for 9 days and my husband had to look after me at least we were in a hotel so didnt have to bother doing washing up or tidy around! I could only stomach chips! and prenatal vitamins if you have to hun stay in bed and go on holiday again when you feel betterxx

ReastieHorrorShow Thu 13-Oct-11 07:53:45

Second having paracetamol if you need it and also you can buy saline nose spray which is safe in pg if you're nose is blocked. It's not great but better than nothing. Oh, and if you can manage to do steam inhalations they are what got me through a nasty cold when I was pg.

I found my sickness got worse when I was ill, so maybe you'll improve a bit on that front as you cold gets better. Even if you don't feel like eating do try to as I always found if I could force something down it did help. Lots of toast was consumed here!

Congrats btw and hope you manage to enjoy Italy envy

HillyMcGrew Thu 13-Oct-11 19:42:20

Start taking your Folic Acid!

Congrats also btw. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now