Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

flu jag in pregnancy...

(11 Posts)
kiki22 Wed 12-Oct-11 14:33:04

can anyone tell me the side effects of getting the flu jag in pregnancy? am having mine at the end of the month and wondered if it will make me feel ill or anything?

Sidge Wed 12-Oct-11 14:40:01

You may have a sore arm afterwards for a day or two, and some people get a headache and slight temperature. If you do, drink plenty of water and you could take some paracetamol.

I have one yearly (but not pregnant) and have never been ill afterwards.

MillyStar Wed 12-Oct-11 14:46:26

I had mine this morning, i'm 13+6, the nurse said i wouldn't get the flu may just feel achey, feel absolutley fine so far

PiggyMad Wed 12-Oct-11 15:03:14

I had mine yesterday evening and have a sore arm that feels bruised but there aren't actually any bruises on it and I'm feeling a bit groggy today - but that could be coincidental!
Last year I had it and didn't feel a thing at the time or afterwards.

MixedBerries Wed 12-Oct-11 15:35:18

Had it 2 weeks ago and I get it every year. As always, I just had a sore arm and felt a bit listless for a day or so. The listless bit might have been due to being 39 weeks pregnant! Anyway, my advice is that if you're quite far along in your pregnancy and trying to do the sleeping on your left hand side thing, get it done in your right arm. It was quite uncomfortable to lie on my injected arm!

pruney1977 Wed 12-Oct-11 16:50:00

I have it every year anyway but obviously pregnant as well this time, no side effects for me at all, not even a sore arm and I had it in the side I sleep on

stripeybump Wed 12-Oct-11 16:51:59

There's a thread in Pregnancy about the jab - can't link as on iPhone but has been active this week so will be there somewhere smile

IssyStark Wed 12-Oct-11 16:57:41

The side effects in pregnancy are no different from the normal side effects (which affect v. few people): possible sore arm at the injection site, possibly a few cold-like symptoms in the subsequent days (but these could well be coincidental, it's very difficult to prove so they mention it just in case if freaks people out).

I had mine last week and had no issues.

kiki22 Wed 12-Oct-11 16:59:29

great just as i thought thanks smile

IslandIsla Thu 13-Oct-11 12:49:09

I had mine last week and was unlucky to get the side effects (I am 18 weeks). About six hours afterwards I felt very tired and achy and then developed a temperature. I took one paracetamol which brought my temp down and it didn't go back up, but i felt tired and achy probably for about 24 hours in total. I am convinced it was down to the jab and not coincidental! Having said that I am the only person I know who's had a reaction! I had the jab privately the year before and just had the sore arm (was not pregnant but TTC then).

ChineapplePunk Thu 13-Oct-11 15:45:02

I had my jab yesterday. I'm a bit of a coward with needles, so I was pleasantly surprised that the jab itself was completely pain free. Today I have a little bit of a bruised feeling in my upper arm (but no actual bruising), but it is very minor discomfort. No other symptoms so far. Feel absolutely fine. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now