Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone had a Colposcopy when pregnant?

(4 Posts)
ruthietoothie Wed 12-Oct-11 13:40:35

Hi,

I'm now 31 weeks pregnant, and been referred for a Colposcopy following an internal examination during a recent hospital spell.

I'm a bit nervous about this and wondered if anyone had experienced a Colposcopy in late pregnancy, and how they'd got on...

I'm assuming it won't affect delivery, and of course keeping everything crossed that all ok

Likeaheadlesschicken Wed 12-Oct-11 21:48:03

Hi, I had two during my last pregnancy, one was at approx 16 weeks and the other around 28 weeks. I can't really remember why I had two in a short space of time but I did. I had no problems afterwards. Hope that helps!

ZombiesAteMySorelip Wed 12-Oct-11 23:49:38

Yep, I had one in July. It was fine, not the most comfortable thing, but very reassuring to know that my cervix hadn't gotten worse since the colposcopy I had earlier in the year (I was scheduled to have LLETZ in May, but fell pregnant in March).

ruthietoothie Thu 13-Oct-11 13:37:22

thanks you two. It's reassuring to know people had them in pregnancy and found them ok.... Not looking forward to it, but needs must!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now